1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Numark Mixdeck - First Impressions

Discussion in 'DJ Controllers' started by chakaw, Jan 21, 2010.

1. nykid

nykid New Member

I applied the v38 firmware update long time ago, it didn't help at all.

I'm facing this problem as well. Its obviously a software glitch that needs to be addressed ASAP.

2. cBlaq

cBlaq Forum Member

Best Traktor settings for sound quality and stability, any comments let me know. yes with a mixdeck.

3. drizzy

drizzy New Member

What do you mean? You have mappings?

4. cBlaq

cBlaq Forum Member

my cds sound much better than my traktor files thru the mixdeck. just wondering if there are any settings with in traktor to adjust this. besides the treble bass and mid knobs.

5. drizzy

drizzy New Member

I'm thinking of buying either a Numark Mixdeck or a American Audio VSM4...which one do you think is better? This thread is kinda scaring me...so many posts about problems and **** wrong with the Mixdeck? Do you guys think I should still get it? :S

6. nykid

nykid New Member

Dont get it. I regret getting it everytime I make a mix. It gets the job done, but too many faults it, not worth the price.

7. drizzy

drizzy New Member

Wow...really? What's so bad about it? Are the mappings with Traktor 2 good?

8. nykid

nykid New Member

I dont use midi/software with it, but the bpm counter SUCKS, and it has crashed on my many times (got stuck while playing). These are the worst things any dj can ask for. I guess if u use software with it, it might be okay.

9. djharlock

djharlock New Member

Have you done a firmware update? Besides, bpm counters are gimmicky, you should be able to mix by ear without needing the bpm counter at all. The vast majority of CDJs do not give spot-on bpm counts, and they should really only be used for reference and not depended upon for beatmatching.

I've yet to really have a solid complaint about my mixdeck personally, the only problem I really have with it is the USB/Thumbdrive interface, which can grow annoying at times to navigate if you have multiple folders of music.

10. C.C

C.C New Member

Cover it up and dont look at the bpms......your bpm counter is your ear....ive had my mixdeck since Feb last year and really dont have any complaints at all...for the money it has a nice amount of features....im actually thinking about getting the mixdeck quad when it comes out

11. dj three

dj three Forum Member

I had to re-setup the controller. and it started working. You cant use the "old" tsi file (pre 1.2.7) you have to use a "fresh" one. and make the changes if you edited the presets....

12. djhoke

djhoke New Member

Numark Mixdeck and traktor Pro

Hello!

I have a problem and wonder if there is some one who can help me with that.

The company i work for have bought Numark Mixdeck.

I have myselfe the following stuff.

Packard bell computer
    windows 7 32 bitars
    Traktor Pro

The mixdeck works perfekt playing cd but whin i switch to PC i cant control Traktor Pro. No buttoms are working on mix deck.

I got sound out in channel one and two.

I have been uppgrade the firme ware on mixdeck in booth players.
    I have followed the instruktions from LE

Why does it not woriking ?

Anny budy have a clue ?:confused:

Thanks.

13. nykid

nykid New Member

Yeah I agree but it cant even be used as reference when its displaying 110 bpm instead of 140 bpm, thats WAY off. Obviously you cant just match two numbers, but it should display a bpm close enough to the approximation so you can do your job better.

14. C.C

C.C New Member

If you wanna get better then dont refer to the bpm display.....teach yourself to match em with out it and you will be WAY better at your job

15. cBlaq

cBlaq Forum Member

cant you use the Tap feature on the Mixdeck anyway?

16. SyncroScales

SyncroScales Forum Member

How accurate for turntabilism?

I'v read a bunch of posts in this thread. Just some questions though about the mixdeck.

How accurate is the scratching and beat juggling? How durable are the faders? Mostly the cross-fader?

Went to a store, used the unit a bit. Did not use for hours. Crossfader seems sharp when using it to bring in sounds/mix/scratch. I read about the hack or soldering in an earlier post.

I'v also read there is a way to adjust the unit for mixing compared to turntabilism. I usually leave my setup alone but can adjust if quick (I have technics 1200 m3d's and left them as mixing like club setups compared to rotating them 90 degrees sideways like lots of turntabilists).

Obviously get the firmware updates when needed.

What do people mean their buttons sink? You hit them too hard and they go inside?

Is it possible to hook up speakers directly into this unit? It looks like it, but from some of the posts I read here, people were plugging in their amps. I would need the self-powered speakers. What has anyone else experienced?

Is this unit still shipping with Traktor LE or the other software?

Thanks.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2011
  17. nykid

nykid New Member

Well I actually use the pitch bend (+,-) to mix because most of the time it doesn't display an accurate bpm. There should be no excuse for this though. Like I said even if it displayed a close enough bpm it would be sufficient, but when it displays a 30 bpm difference between first and second track its just plain stupid. And its not like it happens once in a while, it will happen every single time you mix a song over 135 bpm.

18. cBlaq

cBlaq Forum Member

i started to see some at Sam Ash with VDJ in the box, but at GC i saw traktor, im not sure which you will find. save the money and buy a version that you want anyway. i know the one i have has a Traktor symbol on it.

and yes my Mixdeck is pllugged into a powered set of Harbinger 15s

19. SyncroScales

SyncroScales Forum Member

Thanks cBlaq.

I was going to contact Numark. I read somewhere that they were changing from VDJ to Traktor LE, but I read this thread and it's not like that...I'll look for that symbol on the box.

Do your speakers have their own power, or can they pull power through the mixdeck? I have read that the mixdeck can use usb drives with seperate power supplies not the ones needing the power drawn from the unit.

I plan to get traktor (or serato). I astually want both, so I am more versatile and flexible if I go somewhere or to an event one day and someone else is using the other stuff... I'm looking at it like: Mixdeck? Or Dj Software? And it's near the same price.

Anyone used this unit for some more intense scratching and beat juggling? I know this unit is not designed for the DMC's, andI saw a bunch of clips on youtube once I posted my question. It seems ok and like it could do a decent job. Some youtube clips had some good talent being shown.

What are the issues with the crossfaders? Do I have to return the mixdeck to the manufacturer to get it fixed? I couldn't quite make the fader problem out, and due to the old dates on the posts, I was wondering if this issue has been fixed yet. It is not June 23, 2011 not sometime in 2010.

20. cBlaq

cBlaq Forum Member

my speakers are powered and no the mixdeck doesnt have power. you can use the XLR outputs to speakers or the RCA jacks to a mixer, receiver, etc.
    to use the usb part of it they recommend usb sticks or external hdd with their own power supply. i use my hdd plugged into my laptop instead of going to the mixdeck. i used thumb drives to go directly to the mixdeck.

as far as the use of it, no it wasnt made for serious scrathing but i have seen pretty good examples also.

i think the crossfader issue is just the quality of the fade, and thats what the mod was for, i think they came out with a replacement but im not sure.

and if you plan to use serato u r gonna have to get the package with the serato interface.

go to the numark site and under the page for the mixdeck there is a FAQ section that answers 90% of your questions.