1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

O/T (mostly) OSX 10.4.9 Upgrade caution

Discussion in 'General DJ Forum' started by PhilL, Mar 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhilL

PhilL Moderator Moderator

For those that are yet to upgrade to 10.4.9 on McBooks and MacBook Pros, do so with caution. The upgrade can break your keychain access for your Airport Wireless network card. It manifests itself by an inability to connect to a secured wireless network Open networks are unaffected so you can turn off WEP WPA or WPA2 on your AP and get connected, not a good idea for most people though. I've found a good number of people already reporting the problem, as I am. When you open Keychain access and try to show the password for the Airport network item you'll be prompted to enter your keychain master password which will fail. It works everywhere else but here. Seems like a blatantly obvious bug that never should have made it out of test.

Phil

2. imianwilliams

imianwilliams NI Product Owner

Apart from that, has anybody found any Traktor related problems? ....is it safe to install on my DJ machine?

3. PhilL

PhilL Moderator Moderator

I've been dinking with my system for a good part of this arvo and have seen no Traktor performance or functional issues so far.

Phil

4. harry_Tf

harry_Tf Forum Member

i ran 10.4.9 last nite no problem. i also haven't had any issues with wireless, all keychain access info seems intact. i've been using it at home with a linksys wrt54g v4 router using hyperwrt firmware with no issues at all. i have no problems with the d link at my local coffee shop either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.