Official Traktor Pro / Traktor Scratch Pro questions thread

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO' started by Thomas @ NI, Oct 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karlos Santos

Karlos Santos Rocket Man Moderator

LOL
    @felipead, i was refering to another post but the user has deleted it now.
    Your all good mate.

2. DJLaxo

DJLaxo New Member

Hi!

I plan to buy Tratkor Scratch Pro and now I want to know if it does work with my BCD3000 without the Timecode vinyls or have I to update Traktor 3.4 to Traktor Pro?

3. The Bretch

The Bretch New Member

i have a question that might sound stupid... but i just can't find the answer! if i'm planning to finally go with tracktor scratch pro and a audio 8 , can i use 4 turntables with 4 vinyl time codes to control all 4 decks?

4. RufusWhite

RufusWhite NI Product Owner

Yep, but you'll need 2 vinyl preamps to convert decks C & D to a line-in level, Mr. Cox.

Fus

5. djvdk.com

djvdk.com New Member

Traktor 4 decks with a 2 channel mixer?

Will i be able to use the 4 decks in Traktor if i have a 2 channel mixer? Would i be able to assign 2 tracktor decks 1 channel on my mixer?

THANKS!

6. Karlos Santos

Karlos Santos Rocket Man Moderator

Yes. If you have an external multi-channel soundcard.
    All you need to do is assign the decks to the crossfader.
    Decks A & C on one channel and Decks B & D on another.

You wont be able to split 4 decks on a 2 channel mixer though. You will hear 2 decks in each channel. Im guessing you know that?

7. AndrewBSupafly

AndrewBSupafly New Member

Audio 8 Problems!

So I'm having problems installing the dj audio 8 on my computer. I'm running a Sony Vaio fw (2.4 GH, 4MB Ram, usb 2.0 Vista Home Premium). I've installed the software which went fine, installed the 64bit driver update which went fine. It shows up in the control panel and says working.
    When I route the sound through the laptop speakers the tracks play fine, but once I select the Audio 8 the tracks show up as waveform but will not play. I've tried everything in the manual with no luck. It also doesnt seem to recoognize the timecode vinyl, but when I play regular vinyl it plays fine though the system so I'm pretty confident I have my wiring right. Help?

P.s. - It will not play the test tone through the Audio8 either,..?

8. kdupkid

kdupkid NI Product Owner

Change your mixer to external!

9. mrcenzo

mrcenzo New Member

hi.... Does any one know were i can look for wiring diagrams for using external mixer on traktor pro?

The thing i am mainly confused with at the mo is with recording?

When i go external mixer i cant seem to record but obviously works ok when used internally?

this is the rough way i have it wired at the mo....

Macbook usb - usb audio kontrol 1

audio kontrol 1/2 out - line 1 of external mixer

audio kontrol 2/3 out - line 2 of external mixer

Main out of external mixer - line in of main studio mixer

can some one please tell me where iam going wrong as it plays wicked this way and is fine but when i tried to record i have no joy?

cheers..

:)

10. chilly

chilly Returning Customer

Don't you think you want to send a signal from your mixer to an Input on your soundcard?

11. mrcenzo

mrcenzo New Member

Hey Fack It.....

Thats exactly it..... i know i was slacking there for a bit... the most simple things slip through sometimes...

cheers for getting back anyway....

Cenzo

:)

12. charlie360x

charlie360x NI Product Owner

Can I use traktor pro as vst in ableton ?

13. chilly

chilly Returning Customer

uhm no

14. mcgrory73

mcgrory73 Forum Member

Can I use Traktor to balance my household finances and create exciting colourful presentations and to format professional looking documents and to print laboratory quality photographs?

15. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

sure and it does also the laundry :D

16. dj_smex

dj_smex NI Product Owner

oh, and I thought I had T-Pro sust, looks I'm doin something wrong, can't get anyone here to do the dishes lol.

17. dsyben

dsyben Forum Member

You probably have it set in to external mode. This is useful for mowing lawns and cleaning the car but for indoor tasks you need to set it to "internal" mode.

I tried installing Traktor Scratch onto my next door neighbour's iphone and I think it turned his dog gay. Does anyone know a work around for this?

18. buggles

buggles NI Product Owner

Plug all the multi-core cables into each end of your dog and give em a good twist. You'll see sparks and smell hair, but you'll definitely get some gritty sounds and your dog will straighten out.

19. dsyben

dsyben Forum Member

I think the same technique aplies to making really big DnB baselines!

Will 1.1.1 have automatic DnB baseline insertion hot keys that can be midi assignable to ordinary household appliances by any chance?

20. puromalte

puromalte New Member

Hello!
    I have formated my pc, and i lose my serial of traktor pro 1.0.2.
    it was sent to me from native on GRACE PERIOD in october. i have the program instalation, but i lose the serial in Outlook. i send very 2 emails to support but i dont have the response.
    what can i do to have my serial again?
    sorry the english. im from portugal :D
    tank you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.