Offline Actiovation impossible, this is very bad perspective

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Kostas1, Nov 17, 2017.

1. Kostas1

Kostas1 NI Product Owner

Very surprised that no one talked about it. Or I haven't found.
    https://support.native-instruments....ine-Activation-of-Native-Instruments-Products
    Studio should not be connected to internet. This is a major security problem! Why the heck I'm the one who is typing this. But. this option is not possible anymore.
    Now computer needs to be connected or nothing? This is very bad situation. Cannot connect, keeping in mind that internet is a murky place.
    Disappointment, this possibility imo was very important.

2. 4GodnWV

4GodnWV NI Product Owner

Agree. Best solution I have found is to use my iPad to navigate thru email and primary web sites and then physically copy necessary web address (for download) into my PC browser that is used ONLY for plug-in related software. Still...scary.

3. Kostas1

Kostas1 NI Product Owner

Thanks for thumbs-up! After re-reading I think I understood what your're trying to do. But that's not activation? Since Service Center must somehow connect, I think short connection in time is the way to make all nice favorite NI instruments to work. My Windows never even had a connection, advantage - no fuss, no worries.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
  4. 4GodnWV

4GodnWV NI Product Owner

Yup. No way to do it w/o internet. All I am doing is avoiding using my PC for email and/or web surfing (shopping).
    Once a purchase is made the actual download and activation requires a connection via internet. I sent a request to NI today noting the issue and asking for advice on a possible solution including anti-virus software. I'll post their answer, but I don't see another option.

btw - Another precaution I took is making the NI site my homepage. That way I am not browsing google, MSN, etc when logging on.

5. 4GodnWV

4GodnWV NI Product Owner

Kostas1 - heard back from NI. They informed me that Eset or Kaspersky function well with NI software. 4God

• Like Like x 1