Ok sold all NI hardware

Discussion in 'General Production Forum' started by certifiedbeatz, Feb 20, 2018.

1. certifiedbeatz

certifiedbeatz NI Product Owner

I have to say for my skillset it was worth going back to akai and getting the MPC X.. work flow and regular updates something NI never done. I still own the Maschine software to use as a plugin .... just my rant for the day..

• Like Like x 5
  2. ALDREAD

ALDREAD NI Product Owner

Thanks for letting us know , I might buy a mpc X soon

• Like Like x 1
  3. certifiedbeatz

Worth the money i lnow there are alot user that are happy with live.. I wanted the big body Benz

4. ALDREAD

ALDREAD NI Product Owner

I definitely prefer the X , toying with the idea , probably wait till the end of the year , see what else comes along

5. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

You got the X about six months ago right? During this time you considered if you would keep your NI hardware or not, since you decided not to, why have you kept Maschine Software? Just curious, because Maschine without a controller doesn't seem very useful.
    Is there something Maschine does especially well that the X doesn't in your opinion?

6. ntula

ntula NI Product Owner

odd as it sounds, picking up the new macbook pro was my first step away from software dominance and a step back, or forward, to analog and hardware. with the laptop and not a desktop for production, it turns the focus back on the hardware and away from the software. one of the things i like about the mk3 is that it fits that model well, giving you the ability to rarely even have to look at a computer screen with integrating with hardware. the laptop become part of the controller as you could close the lid and put it under the mk3 and forget it was even using the laptop.

cannot decide on the elektron rtm or the ds tempest though...

am completely satisfied with my mk3. that and the A88 simple piano style controller that pairs very will with kontakt. i decided i would stick to software for samples, but go back to hardware and away from emulation for all the rest.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
  7. ntula

ntula NI Product Owner

the new elektron rtm looks lke a good one to add sequencing, analog, and samples in a compact package.

• Like Like x 1
  8. toneyrome

toneyrome NI Product Owner

Here's a cookie.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. basehead617

basehead617 NI Product Owner

Literally zero people care. Have fun on akai forums.

• Dislike Dislike x 6
    • Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. certifiedbeatz

Recieved the X late August kept the software to use as a plugin in the X in controller Mode love the effects have to tweak on the PC..

11. certifiedbeatz

Well we all look for new products and a cookie no .. also if you cant use it in standalone then why buy it im pretty much hands free from a DAW

12. certifiedbeatz

If zero people cared you would not have talen the time to post ..much love..

• Like Like x 7
  13. skinswashdc

skinswashdc Well-Known Member

Let's see what happens if a Studio drops by NI.

14. D-J-K

D-J-K NI Product Owner

God I hope not....if NI drops more hardware with the maschine software in its current state....well, then it will be very telling about NI's priorities and I'll be quite disappointed in them.

For the OP...good for you...hope it works out. I would probably do the same thing keeping the maschine software and selling the hardware since I actually find the plugin version of Maschine to be a very useful thing in a DAW....just will more painful to use without the hardware to browse kits, groups, samples, etc...

• Like Like x 5
  15. DA RIPPER

DA RIPPER NI Product Owner

My guess was u kept da software because of all the tracks you have done in it ( for editablty )

• Like Like x 1
  16. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

Thats the only reason i would keep it if i sold my hardware, access to all my Maschine projects.

17. basehead617

basehead617 NI Product Owner

Wow, you got me.

You've never posted anything worthwhile on here so you won't be missed anyway.

• Dislike Dislike x 6
  18. SupremeSoulstice

SupremeSoulstice NI Product Owner

My son's MPC Live just came in the mail this morning. I'm kinda envious of him. Good for you man. Whatever works best for you G.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  19. rxguru

rxguru NI Product Owner

Exactly, thats why I kept software as well.

20. mezzurias

mezzurias NI Product Owner

I couldn't send my MPC Live back to Sweetwater. I took too long since I had the holidays and CES to go to. Any who. It's starting to grow on me. Its still a little archaic and clunky for a modern piece of hardware (the software that is, the hardware is fine) and it's quite buggy to say the least, but I can see the appeal and I'm gonna keep it for a while to see what happens. Been playing with it for the last week and even bought that MPC Bible to learn all the ins and outs. I even put in a hard drive into the thing.

Akai has been updating the software but they really need to fix the bugs and they really, really need to add much needed features like automation lanes, and migrate some of the PC software features over to standalone.