Ok sold all NI hardware

Discussion in 'General Production Forum' started by certifiedbeatz, Feb 20, 2018.

1. certifiedbeatz

certifiedbeatz NI Product Owner

I wad fed up with akai after the MPC2500 it fell flat as far as sound and sequencing. I never liked it.. i bought studio but kept the 2500 for another 2 years before selling it.. i was not a fan in the beginning akai going into the software market.. ren looked ok but i didnt like using it so i stayed away

2. mezzurias

mezzurias NI Product Owner

Yeah. I was thinking of making a video myself comparing the two but I keep hoping loopop would do it since I’m lazy as ****.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. certifiedbeatz

I don't think the MODS here would like that anyway right now NI is most likely about to release there new studio and 3.0 by the summer so this is good on a positive note..

4. kcearl

kcearl NI Product Owner

This is true, we like to be tribalistic about our purchases. Im in the hardware camp just now, and good screens, audio interfaces etc dont fool me into thinking maschine is more than a well integrated controller. Ive always preferred the MPC sequencer to Maschines as its felt more linear than by blocks (an MPC song can just be one sequence...or many sequences can be bounced into one). But Id definitely be interested in a standalone Maschine, I dont imagine it would take much to make this a reality.

• Like Like x 2
  5. certifiedbeatz

its gonna take at lease $1800.00 price tag to do standalone also has anyone reported back on the audio card in the MK3 or what ever its called ?

that the true test there if its rock solid then send midi and MTC wont be a problem now if you add audio routing I can see the audio card failing that being said you might be looking at 2 G's for the unit how many would buy with out 3.0 software fixing what you hated before .. I cant do it sticking with Akai and keeping the software and testing on my MPC X

6. kcearl

kcearl NI Product Owner

I definitely agree with the pricing...sub $2k. It was the Lives portability that drew me to it...I still have room for a standalone unit that doesnt require Lives portability. It wont be the MPC-X, too much of that ll ready covered...maybe and SP16 just for basics...but a standalone Maschine sporting V3?? Im in if its sub $2k

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. certifiedbeatz

I just hop all beta testers have large amount of expansions both NI and 3rd party.. so they can evaluate the work flow and issues.. also just fix the 5 years or more issues.. i can see buying another controller that is just that control data points in sofware....

8. THE WIDOWMAKER

THE WIDOWMAKER NI Product Owner

it doesn't depend on the style of music, it could be country and western or hardcore techno - same stuff applies, it depends on the user

9. certifiedbeatz

okay but i never seen a video making country only tecno but again if you like cool its just not a piece of gear for me

10. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

This has been discussed before. People who do videos try to make them appealing to the broadest audience possible for views, this means doing the "Popular" genres (Hip-Hop, Trap, House, Techno, EDM, etc).
    Although there's no much on youtube there's a bunch of Maschine users here that do more experimental Music for example. It also depends on the country and its culture, Brazil, for example, has a ton of MPC/Maschine videos of Baile Funk performances, UK producers have a ton of Drum and Bass, Grimme, etc... Content in English tends to focus more on whats popular on the US.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
  11. RobLo

RobLo NI Product Owner

No you're not....the MPC X *is* a DAW

12. certifiedbeatz

meaning in Cubase I can control just about everything from my MPC X now with the new update skys the limit so fact check my friend :)

13. RobLo

RobLo NI Product Owner

The fact that you can control most functions from your hardware = sky's the limit??

Pretty sure it just means you can use the mouse less.

14. Simchris

Simchris NI Product Owner

I sold all my porgs... damn critters can’t fly a spaceship...