1. Hi everyone,

We have just announced our latest version of the Komplete bundles.

Find out more about the bundles and the newly added instruments

Komplete 13 is available for pre-order now, and will become available for download on October 1, 2020.

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

omnisphere 2 ---OH MY GOD !!!!!!!

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by djwaxxy, Jan 22, 2015.

1. beatlogik

beatlogik NI Product Owner

Debating whether to pull the trigger on this or the K9 (Standard)-K10 Ultimate Crossgrade. I've got K9 (Standard) and looking to expand horizons a bit. I would have to do a double upgrade though it seems (K9-K10, then K10-K10 Ultimate crossgrade) so the price difference is more favorable for the Omnisphere. Anyone else with K10 Ultimate care to comment on this?

2. Phyia

Phyia NI Product Owner

i just purchased omnisphere 1 just because i can play and get the hang of it right now, and when the update comes out i get that for free... best of both worlds... i can't wait... P.S. i don't know what to do with half the sounds that came in omnisphere, hope my creativity side kicks in and takes over...

3. jonsolo

jonsolo Member

Are you BERFAF from KVR? This discussion was going on over there.
    Anyway, you are going to want to get Komplete Ultimate at some point. But with Omni2 on the horizon there is no time like the present to dive into it! I have both (well, Omni1 till April 30th) and I love both. But Omni does fill some holes that K10U upgrade might not.

4. beatlogik

No, but I'd be interested in checking out that thread if you have a link. Would there be any merit to purchasing Omni1 before the 2 comes out, besides the familiarity edge that others have mentioned. I imagine with the overhaul there will be a whole new library so having both might give you more to work with, although from what I'm told the library is so vast to begin with that I'm not sure if I'd really need 1 & 2 installed.

Also, how do you like working with it within Maschine2?

5. jpeg

jpeg Forum Member

I just feel like these libraries is a pissing contest for who can have the biggest library.

like I said Motif keyboard or fantom or king korg those ROMS sound great and they typically less than 1GB and people get busy with that sound set size.

so to me unless ur a sound design working on movie scores or computer games or whatever else in the media field; this is bloat ware for most song writers.

6. Hit-Man

Hit-Man NI Product Owner

This is a good question.

Will Omnisphere 2 have new sounds... and all the sounds of Omnisphere 1?

7. subsonicwave

subsonicwave NI Product Owner

From what i've taken from the videos it will have all of V1 sounds plus close to another 3000 with the V2 update.

I've just bought V1 as i wanted to take advantage of the grace period. I've always wanted it so thought this was a great time to get it. It's not all about the massive library, i'm having more fun creating my own sounds than i have with any other VST. I'm doing this more than trawling through the library.

This thing is so deep if you want to go there.

8. Hit-Man

Hit-Man NI Product Owner

Ok... thanks.

Yeah the grace period is pulling me in and there's a lot of 15% off coupons floating around so basically right now you can get Omnisphere 1 and 2 for $400.

[​IMG]
    windows print screen

• Like Like x 1
  9. Phyia

Phyia NI Product Owner

I won't lie, i've had komplete series since 7 ult and i upgraded every time until 10 came out, i do want 10U but i held off and only purchased Polyplex separate because i felt that was the only product in the upgrade that i would use. Since i've had komplete i don't think i've scratched the surface of none of it, it is so much, so much to learn, it can become overwhelming.. I always wanted Omnisphere, but i felt having komplete and some other VST, and samples i didn't need it, than i seen this video and i had to jump on it... Now that i've been using it for a couple of days, i can say i am very pleased with it, it is an amazing tool to have an ones arsenal. Very easy to learn, or i could just be making some surprisingly nice mistakes.. all in all i think its well worth the money.

• Like Like x 1
  10. jonsolo

jonsolo Member

Here is the link on KVR for the discussion- http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=431407

I generally work within Cubase Pro 8. I also use Maschine within my DAW. It is fantastic to have them working together. Lots for my palette.

11. beatlogik

Interesting read, thanks for sending.

Considering we are in the Machine forums here, for any Machine Studio users I'm curious to know if the value of using K10U within the machine hardware supersedes (or at least is more convenient than) using Omnisphere1 within the Machine Studio environment . Given the graphic displays and ease of use with NI products within Machine Studio, I would generally consider it a workflow enhancement to be using anything Komplete when composing with Machine.

12. the hamburgler

the hamburgler Forum Member

I work at McDonalds, but that sure as hell doesn't stop me from getting burgers from Wendys.

• Like Like x 1
  13. db120

db120 NI Product Owner

Is there anything in the reaktor user library that even comes close to the granular features at 1:20 in that video? Something with a drag sample on gui and manipulate?

14. b-righteous

b-righteous Moderator Moderator

Yes!
    Edit: Maybe! lol I got to stop skimming threads.
    I did not see above you already have Komplete 9. In that case it's a closer decision. Just look at what Ultimate gives you over what you have. Lots of Kontakt instruments like Abbey drums and Scarbee basses etc. Premium tube effects are fantastic. A few Reaktor ensembles like Razor and Mouth. You may want to go for the Omni 2 now and grab the upgrade to ultimate latter when it goes on sale.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2015
  15. greighut

greighut NI Product Owner

Hey guys, I'm in a forum with Eric and decided to drop him a note.

Here's his reply:

"I'm doing just great. I lost 75 lbs on purpose in the last year (intentionally)….never felt better!"

Nice to see people who care in here! :D

Greig

BTW - Omni2 is going to be absolutely MIND BLOWING! (Especially for sound designers.)

16. subsonicwave

subsonicwave NI Product Owner

It's already morning here in the UK on the 30th. Countdown on the site says 6 hours to go until Omnisphere 2 goes live, damn those time zones o_O;)

17. Rumdrum

Rumdrum NI Product Owner

Omnisphere outperformes every other synth out there. Sorry but that is the "truth". There is not a thing or genre you can not perform with Omnis. 2 seems to be even greater. I own "every" popular softsynth (and also Komplete) available except Sylenth, Thus I have the possibility to compare. And I am not colored by the "I only promote the softsynths I own myself". Nor do I argue to justify my prior choices. The biggest argument for Omnisphere is that is so versatile and the quality within each genre. If you think it is only for scores, you have not given it a run. It IS for ALL genres, And within every genere it is "better" sounding" than ANY other. Better = fuller sound = the combination of samles and ocilators = the number of ocilators (combinations) = the filter possibilities = the manipulations of arps = the FX rack. Soundwise I think only Serum comes close, but that is mostly for EDM. I have been working a lot with Reaktor, Massive and Absynth, but when I find a sound that I like, I always seem to change it for a similar setting in Omnisphere now. Dont enter the studio without it! (I am in no way affiliated to Spectrasonics).

• Like Like x 1
  18. Mystic38

Mystic38 NI Product Owner

No.. that is not any sort of truth, that is merely an opinion.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  19. Rumdrum

Rumdrum NI Product Owner

To Mystic38: Please note the brackets on the word "truth". And of course: It is an opinion - like most in this forum. However a very qualified one. :).
    Even if the upgrade to Omnisphere 2 was anticipated to create heavy traffic, even Spectrasonics could not imagine the heavy demand/interest from the market. Download system broke down for 3 consecutive days. Seems like a bunch of people agree on the "truth".

20. Mystic38

Mystic38 NI Product Owner

It is again, only your opinion that you are "qualified"..

As far as downloads being broken..that is both a common and these days a sadly expected occurrence when a program of this size is released and pretty much a zero indication of anything other than a failure of the vendor to establish sufficient mirrors.

I get it, you like Omnisphere..if you have read the thread it is clear i do as well.. just let go of the hyperbole. it has zero value.