1. Hi everyone,

We have just announced our latest version of the Komplete bundles.

Find out more about the bundles and the newly added instruments

Komplete 13 is available for pre-order now, and will become available for download on October 1, 2020.

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

omnisphere 2 ---OH MY GOD !!!!!!!

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by djwaxxy, Jan 22, 2015.

1. Rumdrum

Rumdrum NI Product Owner

To Mystic38: Who made you the police of forum expressions?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Technician 9

Technician 9 Member

3. BodhiG

BodhiG Member

I want itt

4. tattootroy

tattootroy NI Product Owner

refx nexus full bundle is still better

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. subsonicwave

subsonicwave NI Product Owner

Nexus is a toy compared to Omnisphere. And i do have Nexus and it is very capable, But it doesn't have anywhere near the depth of Omnisphere. If that is what you want. If you were to compare the two on the sheer number of included sounds then yes they are pretty close but for Sound design, Omnisphere wins hands down.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. jpeg

jpeg Forum Member

most users dont care about infinite sound design possibilities the typical user wants go to sounds for song writing/production

7. BodhiG

BodhiG Member

That's ******* stupid tho, sound design is essential... Why? Because you can create signature sounds, which will make you stand out... WHICH IS GOOD.

• Like Like x 1
  8. mezzurias

mezzurias NI Product Owner

Signature sound is overrated. It's rare that anyone who isn't into sound design will even bother to twiddle the knobs on a synth, They just browse through patches. I'm talking about the biggest producers out there. They find a patch in Sylenth and call it a day. The Neptunes/Pharrell has a signature sound no doubt, but they just use a yamaha sound module for the most part and use/used the presets on almost everything. A lot of their signature sound comes from their production skill, arrangement, and mix not the instruments they use.

DJ Mustard is hot right now and has a signature sound but he just uses Reason or Sylenth presets and an 808 soundpack and calls it a day. His sound comes from his sparse arrangement and whoever is mixing his tracks.

I like sound design myself and make my own patches but don't mind just finding an inspiring sound to use if I happen to come across one. I like both ways of working.

Song writers tend to want sounds to work with, producers like crafting their own sounds, both are no mutually exclusive.

• Like Like x 3
  9. BodhiG

BodhiG Member

REALLY depends on the genre we're talking about here though.... Without a signature sound in Wonk/Trench/Riddim/Dubstep/Neuro Funk/Glitch Hop you're not going to get featured on ANY label/promotion channel....

If we're talking about Deep house/Trance/Hip Hop sure... Browse through some presets and do your thing... But then we might as well not even play in / draw in our notes and just buy MIDI packs for said genre... Use a random Lead/Pluck patch throw in a 808 kick and boom you're done.

10. mezzurias

mezzurias NI Product Owner

True. Definitely genre dependent. Though at this point some of the stuff sounds so damn similar they might as well be using presets. I like creating my own sounds though.

11. b-righteous

b-righteous Moderator Moderator

There's about two billion presets out there for all the various synths. Top that off with the fact a preset will sound different in different arrangements with custom eq, filter and other basic settings. Using presets with basic tweaking will not stop you whatsoever from having a unique sound no matter what the genre. The unique sound comes more from your productions skills and not trying to copy cat xyz producer. That's like saying if you use standard acoustic/electric instruments and don't invent new instruments from scratch then you wont' sound original. o_O

Sound design is hardly needed at all for production and has little to do with song creation or originality in that arena. It's fun and all but definitely not required.

12. jpeg

jpeg Forum Member

are they really original tho?

like I am sure the pad sound u made is similar other pad sounds; and the keyboard sound u made is similar to other keyboard sounds; and the strings and bass are similar to other strings and bass.

because ur designing a sound to be somewhat like those aforementioned instruments.

signature production does not come only from using sounds u designed; its more stylistic in ur artistic approach and artistic vision.

13. beatlogik

beatlogik NI Product Owner

So has anyone actually tried V2 yet? Please enlighten us all on the "truth" upgrade

14. skinsfandc

skinsfandc Forum Member

Producers don't just find a patch and call it a day lol. Do your homework.

15. skinsfandc

skinsfandc Forum Member

Tell that to drakes producer 40.

• Like Like x 1
  16. skinsfandc

skinsfandc Forum Member

Huh? That's what only sampling does to you. You need to experiment outside boom bap. You will then see a difference and importance in sound design.

17. BodhiG

BodhiG Member

Well actually, some do...Avicii uses basic Sylenth1 presets that he did not create himself

• Like Like x 1
  18. blackphil

blackphil New Member

Every time Native Instruments have done a survey I've filled it out and always say "please make Massive so I can put my own samples in it" Iv'e even tweeted Noisia to ask about it seeing as they were having talks with N.I a while back. Hopefully now this new improved beast synth is out they'll listen also now it needs a granulator adding haha. The thing is Massive is a wavetable synth anyway so I can't imagine it's that hard for it to accept samples as a source, having said that I have no idea how to program so don't burn me to hard if it is really mind blowingly difficult to do, but worth the effort. Like businesses say it's more profitable to keep your customers than trying to make new ones, don't drive us away N.I.

Also does anyone know if Omnisphere 2 has feedback and white noise like Massive seeing as thats the main thing I use it for?

19. CakeAlexS

CakeAlexS NI Product Owner

Most 'producers' would allow the keyboard player do it first. Of course the 'producer' may well be a keyboard player as well..
    Btw how people make their music is up to them. There are no rules.

• Like Like x 1
  20. CakeAlexS

CakeAlexS NI Product Owner

I did some googling. I look at the term 'producer' as a person who deals with a collective of people and they wear a lot of hats. Wiki'ing up I believe what you may actually be refering to is 'bedroom producer'. I'm writing this so I can get this clear in my head..