1. Hi everyone,

We have just announced our latest version of the Komplete bundles.

Find out more about the bundles and the newly added instruments

Komplete 13 is available for pre-order now, and will become available for download on October 1, 2020.

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

omnisphere 2 ---OH MY GOD !!!!!!!

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by djwaxxy, Jan 22, 2015.

1. theinvis

theinvis NI Product Owner

• Like Like x 1
  2. Michael Arthur Holloway

Michael Arthur Holloway NI Product Owner

Oh man I love reading random schmucks on a forum telling me what major producers and artists do and don't do in the studio; please invite me to your next dinner party with the stars so we can all discuss our favorite presets.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. skinsfandc

skinsfandc Forum Member

What does this have to do with omnisphere?

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  4. puzzlefactory

puzzlefactory NI Product Owner

Going to show my age here, but what is Wonk, Trench and Riddim?

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. CakeAlexS

CakeAlexS NI Product Owner

Sounds like the three local drug dealers at the pub....

• Funny Funny x 4
  6. Chenyu Fan

Chenyu Fan NI Product Owner

Looks dope. I'm still trying to get my head around Massive so my comments are definitely naive from that perspective. While I think Massive is crazy awesome in what it can do, I personally think that the interface is simple yet not really welcoming? For some reason, this interface seems to be a bit easier to understand or it could just be that I am finally understanding Massive and by seeing this interface, I recognize the aspects of sound design. Anyways, just my thought and personal opinion. Still cool to see the progression in sound design and interfacing.

7. MidiFinger

MidiFinger New Member

Put it this way... if you are not using Omnisphere 2, you are not doing it right.

8. CakeAlexS

CakeAlexS NI Product Owner

I find it so much more productive to do things wrong ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. puzzlefactory

puzzlefactory NI Product Owner

On a side topic, just bought "Serum" yesterday. Wow, what a synth. Massive on steroids! ;)

• Like Like x 1
  10. ramscapri

ramscapri NI Product Owner

Could you please highlight where in Kontakt 3 the granular stuff can be done ? And I mean with a direct feature or tool and not using Kontakt script.

Also, in Reaktor, we know one can build new synths. But is there a factory provided synth within Reaktor 5 in which we can do granular synthesis ? Other than that drone thing which keeps running even if you are not pressing any key. I mean is there some synth which works directly similar to the granular function shown in Omnisphere 2, where you could simply load a .wav file of your own and do whatever grain grinding you need to, using parameters for number of grains, grain size, order, etc. And it should trigger only when a key is pressed.

To add to these, I believe granular function is available in Absynth 4 too to some extent within patch module. Wonder how that can be used and how a user .wav file can be loaded to grind to grains.

11. sowari

sowari Moderator Moderator

i never owned Kontakt 3, but i do own Kontakt 5. there are different Sampler algorithms including Tone Machine and the various Time Machines.

in the 'Classics' folder, you will find Travelizer and Grainstates. but there is loads of granular stuff in the User Library.

sowari

12. Franvu

Franvu NI Product Owner

Very interesting!
    Cheers.