1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Only show compatible tracks in Browser

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DJEndo, Jun 7, 2019.

1. DJEndo

DJEndo NI Product Owner

Hey All,

First of all, THANK YOU for adding in this Harmonic Mixing capability to the browser. I have a couple of issues with the way the system works to show the compatible keys.

- I color Code all of my tracks already, so showing the keys color coded kind of makes my colors all over the place and it's hard to see the compatible tracks since there's already a lot of color coding going on.

- I would like to have a checkbox at the top of the browser instead to only show compatible tracks (or compatible + adjacent) and nothing else. Pioneer does this on their CDJs, and it's incredible. When you choose the Key filter, it looks at the master deck and ONLY shows the compatible tracks in the browser. This, to me, is much better than also seeing un-compatible tracks since it requires the DJ to still do more reading of text then is necessary.

If we had this checkbox to only show compatible tracks (or compatible + adjacent tracks), this would be a significant workflow improvement. What we have with the compatible keys / adjacent keys being color coded is an improvement, but with users who already color code their music, there's going to be a lot of squinting going on trying to figure out which tracks are compatible. We should have the option to hide everything that's not compatible.

Thoughts?

• Like Like x 3
  2. kokernutz

kokernutz NI Product Owner

Agreed!

Also, Traktor should optionally hide tracks you've already played. (Maybe hiding it after it's been playing in a deck fore more than 30 seconds, or some user definable threshold.)

3. DJEndo

DJEndo NI Product Owner

I've also wanted the option to hide tracks that have already been played since I started using TRAKTOR. The less reading I have to do on stage, the better! When your browser is filled with tracks that you've already played, especially during long sets, there is a lot of confusion as to what you've already played, and I find myself always having to sort by the checkbox column, and I have to remove the tracks from the playlist manually. For users who use iTunes, they don't have this option since you can't remove tracks that you've played.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Friedemann @ NI

Friedemann @ NI NI Team NI Team

That checkbox would be an amazing addition indeed.

But let's first of all look at what we've got and if that makes sense.
    We want to release this soon and any addition may delay the release.
    We nevertheless want to fix things that don't make sense and make improvements that don't cost much.

• Like Like x 1
  5. kokernutz

kokernutz NI Product Owner

My only suggestion about this update: I think the font for the key lock widget is too small for non-retina screens.

6. lauti

lauti NI Product Owner

Agree with Endo.
    I color code my tracks, and the new key highlight functionality doesn't stand out enough.

Maybe, hiding is not the solution, but how about making everything not-harmonic in the playlist, lil bit darker, so they are less prominent?

• Like Like x 2
  7. snowseals

snowseals NI Product Owner

DJEndo lauti

1. How do you guys color-code all of your tracks already in the 1st place?
    2. Regarding ''doesn't stand out enough", I proposed some GUI changes here to make it so: https://www.native-instruments.com/...-key-field-is-not-enough.358207/#post-1806359

8. lauti

lauti NI Product Owner

I import tracks in monthly batches. Each batch has a color, so that forces me to pay attention to new stuff.
    I reserve yellow to charting hits (billboard stuff). And green for SUPER BANGERS that I definitely need to play or pay attention to.

9. snowseals

snowseals NI Product Owner

10. SpirosG

SpirosG NI Product Owner

Friedemann @ NI Also it would be nice to have an option as Never analyze Key. I use MIK to analyze all my tracks which is more accurate than everything else out there. Traktor is able to "translate" MIK key values into it's own key system so there is no need to analyze tracks twice. It's very tiring to choose analyze options everytime i add a track to library it would be nice if Traktor was able to remember what options were last checked, or if there was a way to preset them through the options. Except Key Field you should also enable the coloring of the Key Text Field. Time costs let's make things easier!

By the way please support the Camelot wheel system guys as everyone else!!!

• Like Like x 2
  11. lauti

lauti NI Product Owner

Attached Files:

12. DJEndo

DJEndo NI Product Owner

This is how I color code my tracks:

Red: Lovey tracks, closers
    Orange: Groovers, Bouncey
    Yellow: Tribal, DJ Tools
    Green: Psychadellic
    Blue: Techy, Afterhours, Clubby
    Violet: Progressive
    Magenta: Openers, Light, Beach and Pool vibes

13. DJEndo

DJEndo NI Product Owner

14. fracta

fracta New Member

Hello,

can you explain how works the traks suggestion based on key ? I can understand that Traktor propose adjacent key..but why proposing 6m track when you play a 12m track ?

thanks

Eric