Open Letter to the Maschine Community

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Jonas @ NI, May 23, 2016.

1. skinswashdc

skinswashdc Well-Known Member

Glad NI are communicating. Hope Apple does the same thing when they buy able ton and who ever buys reaper from Justin.

Getting my questions ready for on the record baby!

2. District Onagi

District Onagi NI Product Owner

? First, I never said that Maschine was a DAW. How are you getting to that conclusion from what I've said? All I'm saying is that Maschine should not have to be run inside of ANOTHER DAW to have the benefits of a song mode ala Ableton or Logic or Reason of FL. I'm not advocating for a DAW, don't get it twisted. Maschine needs a better sequencer, there is no doubt about that. If you are arguing that we SHOULD have to purchase Ableton, or another DAW, to use maschine fully, that is complete and utter nonsense. I'm not even talking about mixing right now. I'm simply talking about sequencing. We shouldn't have to have all of these workarounds and we shouldn't have to pay for another product from another company to use Maschine in a more streamlined fashion.

This argument about "Maschine is what it is, be happy or screw off" is so tired, and it's not a real representation of what is going on. Do you EVER see advertisements for Maschine on NI's website with Maschine running inside of Ableton? No, you see Maschine running standalone. But do you see almost all of the guests NI invites to do tutorials or speak about Maschine use Maschine INSIDE Ableton? Almost all of the time. This isn't a coincidence. Maschine is what it is, and sure, it is what it isn't, but let's not pretend NI have not told us the full story about Maschine's deficiencies. Maschine tries to sell itself as something when it's clear that it doesn't even do what it advertises completely.

We shall see in June what Maschine is really up to.

Last edited: May 24, 2016
    • Like Like x 3
  3. District Onagi

District Onagi NI Product Owner

I made a mistake here my friend. Cake and moderator showed me the error in my ways. There is a discussion coming up where we can gripe to a real person who works at NI instead of at each other :D The letter is vague as hell though!

Last edited: May 24, 2016
  4. AL’DREAD

AL’DREAD NI Product Owner

Exactly , maschine is what it is ,arranger and all , people really should research what they're buying.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  5. CakeAlexS

CakeAlexS NI Product Owner

Cheap and predictable shot.

6. AL’DREAD

This

7. schrage musik

schrage musik NI Product Owner

Rather like the 'wild speculation' that occurred just before they abandoned Kore.

• Like Like x 1
  8. CakeAlexS

I nearly did but could not be arsed in the end.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. schrage musik

schrage musik NI Product Owner

What do you do with all the time that you save by typing 'u' instead of 'you'?

• Funny Funny x 3
  10. AL’DREAD

image.jpg
    Leave it man , it's not worth it

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  11. AL’DREAD

I'm saving them o y 's for a song I'm writing
    O y o y

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. CakeAlexS

Let's stop hijacking the thread and get back on topic shall we? Others might want to have their say.

• Like Like x 3
  13. kultschar

kultschar NI Product Owner

Hmm is it me or does it sound like they are only starting to work on Maschine again? I was hoping they were well down the road in development.

Agree - VERY disturbing that a new arranger / sequencer not mentioned in this letter.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Tooshka

Tooshka NI Product Owner

There is no topic, it is the current developer fad of announcing an announcement, which as i said right at the start will do no good at all, only actions help now, then followed 3 pages that kind of proved my point, i want this, they want that, same ol same ol we talk about in every other thread, zero input from this new mystical no forum account NI employee that will be seen as the new messiah in the next few days, and dont you dare say anything that may annoy him grrrrrr, and so on and so forth until June where nothing else is actually said either, but it has given NI more time to ship more units.
    No topic, unless you count "Same sh*t different day"
    Start releasing or start being honest NI

• Like Like x 2
  15. AL’DREAD

They should of made this a "no reply thread "

• Like Like x 1
  16. Tooshka

Tooshka NI Product Owner

It doesnt sound like anything, it is exactly what it is, they have ignored Maschine entirely and presumed that Expansions and a free plugin here and there would cover their ass, it hasn't and you have two choices to take from that, either NI are so completely arrogant that they think every few years we can step in and throw them a bone, or, their online representitives Jonas and Keir i think they are called, are so incompetent that they have not reported back the utter distain shown by Maschine users across the web (it is not just here)
    Take your pick.

17. Tooshka

Tooshka NI Product Owner

Well considerig i stayed out of this thread after my first post, until you tried to derail it, you may just want to shut up yourself, you certainly have not been on topic with most of your posts, at least i am commenting on the topic, even if you dont agree with it.
    Enjoy being a troll do we ?

18. CakeAlexS

I do agree this is a difficult pill to swallow.

However I'm seeing NI starting to wake up. We will know more before July, If we don't please be certain to quote your above post again and say I told you so. If this isn't all done and dusted by the end of the year I'm going to blow up my controller outside NI headquarters (will be a controlled explosion) much like a DISCO SUCKS protest, maybe others will join me :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. b-righteous

b-righteous Moderator Moderator

Well it's like this.
    Many complained about the lack of communication and rightfully so.
    Now on the first communication in a long while people complain about the communication. Everyone wants some sort of promise to hold them accountable for or specifics on new features. That was not the intention of this open letter. If you want the communication line to halt before it even gets started, keep it up.

• Like Like x 8
  20. SupremeSoulstice

SupremeSoulstice NI Product Owner

Man y'all are going to mess this thread up for everybody..smh..

• Like Like x 2