Open Letter to the Maschine Community

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Jonas @ NI, May 23, 2016.

1. Tooshka

Tooshka NI Product Owner

That was exactly what i was saying with my first post, it is an old trick that lots of companies use, lots of words, saying nothing, to some on this forum it will immediately mean the new dawn, to everybody else it will just be insignificance, problem is, NI are expecting this to calm any conflicts between the anbois and the heretics, unfortunately it has the complete opposite effect and just fans the flames, seruously, i give it weeks before this Florian person is thd new Messiah, he will be more important than salesmen in Atlanta, and he wont even have to do anything haha

2. Tooshka

Tooshka NI Product Owner

Are you serious ?
    Is that a threat ?
    This isn't communication, communication is two way, but you want it just one way right ?
    So NI post a letter, but we dont reply, or we only reply in the correct predetermined way, defined by who ?

This is utter madness, heres a letter, now be nice little users or we wont post anymore letters haha

3. CakeAlexS

CakeAlexS NI Product Owner

Patience. Too early to throw the baby out the bathwater yet.

4. Tooshka

Tooshka NI Product Owner

To be fair 'planned' is a really cool word hahaha, while i expect them to follow through and do it, that one word shows how very carefully 'planned' and prepped the letter was haha

Last edited: May 24, 2016
  5. CakeAlexS

CakeAlexS NI Product Owner

Hey BR just a suggestion.. Can you delete anything off topic (inc this post?). Cheers.

6. b-righteous

b-righteous Moderator Moderator

More like you are right, communication is 2 way. Don't expect someone to keep talking to you if you keep yelling at and insulting them every time they say anything. Try instead to have a conversation.

• Like Like x 1
  7. b-righteous

Not going to babysit it like that. If it gets too far out of hand I will lock it.

• Like Like x 2
  8. District Onagi

District Onagi NI Product Owner

Hahaha.

I do, though, love how the letter did manage to criticize us for our "wild speculation", when the only reason there has been wild speculation is because we haven't been told anything.

Jeez, I can't believe I'm saying this, Tooshka is right again. NI has created this atmosphere here by not letting us know anything, so it's understandable some of us are upset. Forget about what I said personally about promises, that wasn't the right word because we haven't been promised anything, which means it's not fair to expect it. We are being threatened by having this Q&A line of communication stopped... why exactly? Because we are upset because the only communique from NI has us speculating even more now than ever?

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. b-righteous

I agree that the silence and lack of updates has caused all the bad feelings and speculation. I do not expect the feedback from this to be all rosy at all. I'm sure the NI staff don't either.

And my post was in no way any kind of threat at all as I was not speaking for NI. Only that the NI staff are human and I do not want the push back from them finally opening up the line of communication to be so bad that they go back to silence.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Tooshka

Tooshka NI Product Owner

Woah woah woah, yelling and insulting, you are definitely interpreting my posts in a very special way there.
    I stated my opinions, if you or anybody at NI doesn't like that, does not make it yelling and insulting.
    I know we rarely agree outside of solutions while helping other users, but you are way out of line here, so ban me again if you must, but dont make things up !!

11. b-righteous

I agree. But there is at least some positive we can take from the letter:
    1. NI are not going to discontinue Maschine anytime soon.
    2. They admit they have put priorities elsewhere and that has stalled development on many key features the user feel are a priority.
    3. They now plan to refocus more on popular user request and have a plan to implement them over the next 12 months.
    4. They are going to try and open up communication lines with customers again as they should have all along.

• Like Like x 6
  12. District Onagi

Understood, and your right, they are human. I will say though that from what I've read, even the negative comments (and I belong in that category) have been pretty respectful about all of this, as upset as we are. That's just my two cents, maybe you feel differently.

As upset as I am, I for one don't want to start and will not start an argument with NI staff when this dialogue starts. Besides the fact that this would do little good if any, your right, it would close a door that we have wanted to have opened for a long time. I hope we can all be respectful and create an open dialogue with them, because like it or not, they are the gatekeepers to the future of Maschine, and I want this product to keep growing.

• Like Like x 3
  13. b-righteous

My remarks where not aimed at you specifically and that was more an analogy. Though the tone of some of your remarks were in mind.

14. Tooshka

Tooshka NI Product Owner

Maybe you can take those positives because you still have huge trust in NI (for obvious reasons) but the rest of us are just joe schmo buying consumer, and the main thing we can take from that letter is "Yeah we ignored Maschines users, sowwwwwwwy, OK if we chat now"
    Yeah i know i am putting it in silly terms, but that is how it comes across as a consumer.

15. Tooshka

Tooshka NI Product Owner

To be fair, you did quote me directly haha, and i am not exactly flavour of the month, any month, any year in fact.

16. skinswashdc

skinswashdc Well-Known Member

What might help if some people had some music projects to work on this wouldn't take up some users whole day on the matter. NI will strike back.

• Like Like x 1
  17. dreddiknight

dreddiknight NI Product Owner

I'm surprised that they think 2 is now all caught up with 1.8...
    There are still a few things from 1.8 I was hoping I would see reimplemented, but if they are thinking they're done in that regard I'm probably $h!t outta luck on that....
    @Tooshka if it weren't for keir and Jonas, this letter would not have happened. That's me reading between the lines, but it seems pretty obvious.

18. Organik_Dream

Organik_Dream NI Product Owner

We all been waiting for NI to reach out , this is good news and we are excited .

The problem with the forum its plagued with Tooshka negativity and bashing of our products.. Even when Ni communicate still the same things

it's time negative people get banned ! What's the hold up ? He might spend couple of $ but with his bashing he made NI lose more $ .shouldn't it be in the forum rules? He is ruining it really bring in some positive vibes ..

19. dreddiknight

dreddiknight NI Product Owner

Wow....
    You ruin it sometimes too.

20. District Onagi

I really, really hope this doesn't create more drama, but I'm sure it will. I have to say this though.

I've got my beef with Tooshka, but I have to say I don't blame him for being negative in this regard. He doesn't need me to stand up for him, and he probably could care less what we think of him(and he has said as much), but I have to say while this letter is a first step in the right direction, it means absolutely zilch. It mystifies me that some on here are already so pleased by this letter that has said nothing. The only thing that matters really is how the Q& A is going to go; that will be a greater indicator of many different things.

I tend to lean on the glass half full side of things most of the time, and I really want to with this, but I'm simply deciding to table my take because I don't know anything more after reading this letter than I did yesterday, or than I knew six months ago, when I started casually observing this forum looking for any freking sign of an update. It's unbelievable that it's gotten to this point where we as customers have to schedule a talk with staff to discuss the future of this product moving forward. Actually, they scheduled it with us,because we were getting no response from anybody for quite a long time.

I think everybody in this particular situation has just as much of a right to be optimistic (though I hope those that do,do it cautiously) as people have a right to be wary about all of this. I do have to say, it is a bit concerning that some people are so pleased by this letter alone, before we've gotten to this Q&A.

• Like Like x 1