Open question about 64bit WINDOWS driver availability to TSP 64bit.

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO 2.7.5 Public Beta Test' started by Jackpot Slot Machine, Apr 19, 2015.

1. Jackpot Slot Machine

Jackpot Slot Machine NI Product Owner

How many of you have 64bit WINDOWS drivers for your hardware? Obviously Native Instruments hardware drivers have already been updated.
    (Not applicable to OSX users)

I have
    Pioneer DJM-T1 (scratch certified mixer) - only 32bit
    Denon X1700 (scratch certified mixer) - Only 32bit

I have been in an email tug of war with Denon regarding their ASIO 2.22 driver which also covers MC600Mk1, DNS1200, DNS2900, DN3900, X1600 and the X1700 and since being taken over by InMusic Group (Numark) they have "lost the source code" so they will not be updating their drivers. The MC2000 and MC6000Mk2 have 64bit drivers available.

Which basically means none of these devices can be seen by TSP64 and we have to stay with 32bit Traktor.

I have read that Pioneer are aware of the issue and are "working on it", whether they get around to the DJM-T1 is another matter.

Which companies and hardware have 64bit Windows drivers available ?

As I said at the start this doesn't affect OSX users, so I don't need to be told "my mac works fine".

Can you please list Manufacturer / Model number / driver version

thanks for reading.

2. Daniel Ventura

Daniel Ventura NI Product Owner

i know that numark ns6 has 64bit asio Drivers, and they work fine, also the rane soundcards and Mixers are working fine with their 64bit asio Drivers.
    but same Problem here, own cdjs, djm900nxs and djm-t1 and None of them is 64bit capable under Windows :-(
    i think posting this issue at the pio Forums would help a bit ;-) the more People requesting this the better..

Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
  3. Oddie O'Phyle

Oddie O'Phyle New Member

Let the Pioneer campaign of harassment begin!!! Posted a picture of my 64 bit application support solution on the Pio forum. The DJM is sitting in the background (not hooked up, dead in the corner) with my CDJ's on either side of my Z2. It would probably be in their best interest to start being proactive, instead of falling behind and being reactive. 1.7.5 is scheduled for official release in a few weeks.

4. Jackpot Slot Machine

The Numark 4TRAK is also 64bit (who would have thought it :eek: ) V 2.9.5 and works better than 32bit.

EKS OTUS (RIP) not 32bit and won't be.

DENON DN-H1000S - 64bit capable (it's just a MIDI controller - so sound card in it)
    DENON DN-SC2000 - 64bit capable (again just a MIDI controller)

Denon MC6000 Mk1 uses the same driver as the X1600/X1700/X600 and the 2900/3900 CDJ's - so only 32bit at this time.

5. Daniel Ventura

why not just ask in a friendly way at the pioneer Forums instead of moaning around...

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. Jackpot Slot Machine

Who's moaning ? or are you just trolling ? I asked an open question to see who has drivers and who hasn't.

This is a beta test of both 32bit and 64bit, and as the only Scratch certified mixers with 64bit seem to be from NI, can we be sure it actually works with third party mixers?

Isn't that the point of beta testing ?

7. Daniel Ventura

not you... :) i just meant Oddie O'Phyle - the way he want to present his issue at the pio Forums...one can do this in a more friendly/cooperative way...

8. Jackpot Slot Machine

I feel he has the right to complain, as it was raised with Pioneer over 18 months ago and they then said they had no commercial reason to develop the 64bit drivers. The question about availability was raised over Ableton 64 and another DAW (I think Avid ..but i need to find the thread again).

I also think NI have to share some responsibility in that they knew they were developing 64bit Traktor but failed to inform the hardware manufacturers (specifically Denon - as I have been in constant contact with them about this), the cynic in me says this was a commercial decision to try to grab back some market share ... i.e. "don't tell the competition what we are doing and maybe we can get consumers to switch brands". However i think that plan (if it was their plan rather than shoddy communication) will backfire as Serato is going all out to release club kits ...and it's far cheaper to switch software than hardware.

2 two cents as the yanks say.

9. Daniel Ventura

i just don't think the way he complains is the right in pio forums, i don't think pioneer is impressed bout his photo campaign :p

10. Jackpot Slot Machine

Message from Pioneer,

Pioneer is currently investigating 64bit drivers. We understand that the software manufacturers are developing and releasing 64bit versions of their software. The engineers would like to know what differences you find between a 64bit version and 32bit version of the software.

We know the technical reasoning, but we'd like to hear what your needs are! Please let us know in the comments below which software you are currently using or would like to be using a 64bit version of, how you use it, and what benefits you feel having a 64bit version affords you.

Thanks!

I guess NI have pi@@ off so many hardware manufacturers in the last few years (I can't go into full detail as I am under NDA) that they don't want to support Traktor anymore. Denon/Numark & Pioneer have all sided with Serato who have made no inroads into hardware and can't steal ideas.

I wouldn't expect any third party drivers soon ... I guess they will come eventually but this year ? maybe not.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Daniel Ventura

12. Jackpot Slot Machine

Sadly pioneer have bottled out of the discussion and closed the survey and thread. I guess it hit a nerve.

13. frankle

frankle NI Product Owner

I've got a contact in Japan at Pioneer, I'll hit him up about 64bit drivers for PC.

14. Oddie O'Phyle

Oddie O'Phyle New Member

I have asked for these drivers nicely for a few months (only 8), the thread that was originally started was 3 months old at that point, so it's been a year. I also forwarded a copy of my college marks and a small resume with an offer to beta test, I'm a Net. Eng. grad capable of creating logs and play 1-3 hours a day on Pio hardware. Considering my Z2 is more useful at this point than my DJM that costs twice as much, I would happen to think that I am not the only person out there with an axe to grind.

If you have a Z2 or an Audio interface at home and go to a club thinking that you can use Pio gear, you'll quickly run into problems when you realize that the DJM and the CDJs don't have ASIO. So you can't even use advanced audio routing with the CDJs to pull your bacon out of the fire unless you pull the 32 bit .exe and run it.

My DJM 850 is Traktor certified, but not able to run the now native 64 bit client over driver support. So yes, after asking nicely and being told that I don't need them. After submitting to be part of the solution, I am slightly disgruntled. Pioneer is supposed to be the most seamless, stable and software supported hardware on the market... it's what we pay the big bucks for.

It is far better in life to be proactive than reactive. It has cost many companies in the past market traction.