1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Option for beat girding tracks with multiple tempos

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by Mihail Neychev, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Mihail Neychev

Mihail Neychev New Member

it will be great to have a clever option for beat girding tracks with multiple tempos, as remixes that starts on 128bpm than pass thru 100 bpm and finish again on 128bpm

2. Cheef Roberts

Cheef Roberts NI Product Owner

Set the bpm of the track to 128 and use grid markers at the start of each 128bpm section to easily mix in and mix out. If the track starts and ends with the same bpm it is easy to mix in and mix out this way as it keeps your grids start and end correct.

If the bpm at the end of the track is different to the start you can put a grid marker near the end where the bpm is different and change the bpm of the track mid way through the track when you are playing it live. I write both bpms in the tracks metadata so I know straight away that it needs changing and saves me messing around with the grid in a live situation. You just have to remember to change it back to the original bpm before you load a new track so that it will be ready for the next time you play it.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Mihail Neychev

Mihail Neychev New Member

The idea is the software to be flexible to mix the 128 bpm part and 100bpm part of the track

4. Ian Fox

Ian Fox NI Product Owner

This is requested for YEARS now. They ignore it. I have a Pioneer controller which I use with Traktor, but I am testing Rekordbox. So far I like it a lot. Everything I want in DJ software is there. Including the flexible/elastic beatgrids.

• Like Like x 1
  5. nickygdj

nickygdj NI Product Owner

It would be great to have an Ableton-like elastic beat grid, or to fix tracks with variable bpm. It would be the revolution to play old 80s / 90s tracks

• Like Like x 2
  6. Cheef Roberts

Cheef Roberts NI Product Owner

I am sure if they could they would. It is old software that can't be modified too much or else it would be too much load. TDJ2 is one for the future that will boast elastic beat grids.

• Like Like x 2
  7. dj_estrela

dj_estrela NI Product Owner

• Like Like x 1
  8. nickygdj

nickygdj NI Product Owner

[ Serious and Massive petition for fluid, dynamic Grids ]

Do we petition for fluid, dynamic Grids or what do we want to call them in TRAKTOR?
    I have seen requests for this features since at least 2010 ...
    but to date I think it is a NON-negligible thing ...
    how can we do??

1. I believe that to date February 2020, with reference to many innovations and improvements "that the competition offers at the software level" I believe that we should make ourselves heard in a big voice.
    I don't know if you agree with me but "after yesterday I discovered the dynamic bpm of Pioneer Rekordbox" I was amazed and incredulous of what I was seeing and hearing !!
    it is really unthinkable that the NI cannot satisfy this BPM reading algorithm (also because it doesn't seem to be an unattainable thing or alien technology since others already do it) ...
    how should we go about making a big petition ??

2. another request I think also evaluable (as nothing special to do) is to be able to always have 8 standard hotcues plus the ability to map (with the addition of further buttons with extended controllers), wider hot cues 9- 16/32 .... since Traktor already stores cue positions beyond the number 8 by far extended ... you just need to be able to recall them.

3. the possibility of extending the cue markers both as a color and as a type .. I would like to be able to have, in addition to cue points that can be recalled by number and button, also cue points only for the purpose of marking points, eg. mark me points where she sings, where to be able to insert jingles or something else ... but which do not interfere with Hotcues ...

4. The option of being able to Block the insertion of new HotCue points ... example if I have stored the Hotcues on a track 5 out of 8 I have 3 free positions, maybe during the live I accidentally mistakenly press the button and I memorize points NOT WANTED on the track, I would like to avoid this thing, like when I put the look on the track I can no longer make changes ... (or can you already do it ??)

• Like Like x 4