1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Organize Drum Breaks Library in Maschine

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by granmah, Oct 4, 2020.

1. granmah

granmah NI Product Owner

Hi all

My Maschine has been collecting dust for some time, but I want to bring it back (even if Maschine still hasn't add stereo to mono playback options, which my 2003 MPC does :mad:)

I want to sample, chop and save my drum breaks collection in a way I can load them from the maschine hardware. What's the best way to keep a library of samples in Maschine to use it within the Maschine environment? Can I store the samples in a dedicated folder and tag them?

Thanks
    H

2. Murat Kayi

Murat Kayi NI Product Owner

That's what I did with my sample collection, so yes you can.
    Just filter by user content to access it quicker.

3. skhm

skhm NI Product Owner

You can use a free mono vst plugin to make your track mono. Which is not ideal. Especially considering some dumb idiot at NI decided to have the mixer before the plugins in the signal. So now if you start panning, it doesnt do anything because the last part in your signal is the mono plugin. Rookie design choice.
    Only valid solution is to use external audio editor or resample through a stereo tool.

As for tagging, you can tag all you want! No problems there. You will be tagging for hours. You also kind of have to as you can’t browse folders from the hardware.
    Let’s hope now with the addition of Maschine+, Ni will finally come to their senses by implementing a normal everyday folder browsing option. I would go completely bananas if I’d have to tag a 32GB SD card filled with samples on the Plus

Last edited: Oct 5, 2020
  4. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

Just add the folder with your samples to Preferences > Library > User, your samples will show up under it's own (blank) icon in the User Browser, then you can tag them to your heart's content. Sub folders work as Banks.

• Like Like x 1