1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

ORIGINAL BPM?

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR DJ (for iPhone and iPad)' started by ibob, Apr 17, 2014.

1. ibob

ibob Active Member

So in the end ive had to waste an afternoon going through my Trap, Dubstep, Rap playlists to manually enter the original bpm into the Title field so it's on display all the time.
    Is it that hard to give us an update with this function ?

2. ardkor

ardkor Member

I thought it already tells you this. I will check later on, but I was pretty sure it does tell you the bpm, just it's not very easy to spot.

3. trance alba

trance alba Forum Member

Ardkor - It only displays the decks currently set bpm.

To view the playing tracks original bpm, you have to click on that tracks album art twice, or once on the opposite decks album art.

This is slightly frustrating for an S2 or S4 user who generally don't have to touch the screen for anything except this reason - selecting a specific deck to view the details of that track.

4. ibob

ibob Active Member

Thanks trance alba. I'm not going mad :-/

5. ardkor

ardkor Member

I don't understand why you need to see the bpm all the time. I can see it on mine when I'm loading the tracks, the bpm is next to each track. If the recommended tracks are showing the bpm for the selected track is showing next to the word 'Recommended tracks'. And if I need to see the bpm from the non playing loaded track I just press the sync off button to show this.
    Ok it would be pretty easy to add a visual of the original bpm on loaded tracks, but I've never really needed it.
    Do you have a particular scenario where this is needed? I don't use an external controller by the way, I have Traktor scratch pro for that.

6. ibob

ibob Active Member

Yes! When I'm mixing drum and bass to trap to Dubstep quickfire mixes basically. I will do a set that's not a playlist ...improvised. I need to bring the track close to its original bpm from basically far out. Some of these will be 65bpm. Playing them at 80 won't sound right. Also if I'm working through a set from let's say 120.Down to 116 then lower to 100....of course you can do it by ear but there's guess work involved.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2014
  7. ibob

ibob Active Member

I don't use any computer for different scenarios. Just Traktor dj s2 and korg kaoss pad at work.

8. ibob

ibob Active Member

One last thing sorry, there's a massive bug turning sync on off to show the bpm .. the audio 7/10 times will drop out ... That's why I've ended up putting bpm into the Title . I hope u get it ...and I've answered all your questions. Working djs need working solutions , not gizmo attractions.

9. ibob

ibob Active Member

This is for ni (who will be reading this I hope). I don't play with this sat down on the tube / metro . I use it for work as a professional dj.

10. trance alba

trance alba Forum Member

For obvious reasons, that doesn't work when you're using an S2 or S4.