1. Hi everyone,

We have just announced our latest version of the Komplete bundles.

Find out more about the bundles and the newly added instruments

Komplete 13 is available for pre-order now, and will become available for download on October 1, 2020.

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

OT: Akai "We will change the way you make music forever"

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by JAHROME, Jan 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jpeg

jpeg Forum Member

regardless of the quibbling and the peeps saying ren is just a prototype and its a bunch of hype.

when **** comes out it will sell alot of units and lotta u guys gonna be eating humble pie and prolly purchasing a mpc ren.

im keeping my maschine but will be buying a ren as well.

2. kcearl

kcearl NI Product Owner

3. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

But, currently, that's exactly what it is...

I get the "gear-lust" and the excitement of a new music-creation product, especially if it's close or tied to something you've enjoyed using before, but I think people need to remember that the release date as it stands is a long way off still AND, perhaps most importantly, the feature list cannot only grow, but diminish too. As NI have shown in some cases themselves. But NI are, arguably, still a long way ahead in this game in a practical sense, even if the feature list isn't or won't be as impressive.

Basically, don't hold your breath about the MPC Renaissance.

4. jpeg

jpeg Forum Member

true but at the same time akia are taking the maschine request list of features that ni are aware that users want and have not implmented and they are developing to that spec as part of the initial product so that in itself does not bode well for ni.

cos they have had the bluprint for total domination but they have been slow to implement certain features whioch tells us their priorities were not in alignment with much of the userbase represented on this forum.

they were on point with 1.5 and 1.6 no doubt but lets see if they get beaten to the punch in other areas.

but as far as build quyality its already a wrap akia got them beat from the jump

5. yaren

yaren Account Suspended

same reason why many ppl here still own and use their mpcs ....

6. noiserot

noiserot Forum Member

Fixed for accuracy.

The truth is most likely that the vast majority of Maschine users don't own any MPCs and those that once did got rid of them long ago or just have them collecting dust.

7. Ghost_On_Da_Maschine

Ghost_On_Da_Maschine NI Product Owner

Can't believe someone would use Akai and build quality in the same sentence.
    The Numark/Akai product have had major build and quality issues.
    Not going to mention the 1k pads and the $180 fix.

As for listening to NI user request and giving those features there's 2 problems.
    First Akai has to actually deliver the product, second it has to work.

Akai has had trouble delivering proper MPCs and that's a known aspect.
    What do you expect them to deliver to an unknown endeavor?

Just seems people are giving Akai far too much credit, but that has always been their biggest asset.

8. trusampler

trusampler NI Product Owner

To think Akai can't make a new controller is just stupid,heres the reason why.They have been beta testing the new controller builds with them making mpd products for the last few years,Akai is well aware they had build issues with the 1000. They have did well with the builds of the mpd's and at the end of the day,this is closer to what the ren is based on screen wise,as well as the pads.Those who have actually tested n felt the new pads on the ren seem to like them quite a bit.

I'd like to see both NI and Akai do well,not sure why there are so many doubters,but it will come and hopefully be another option for us all.

9. jones_maschine

jones_maschine Forum Member

Here is a sobering video to fight the gear lust. This guy producing (and releasing) dubstep on the shittiest little computer running acid -

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j71qvxns7C4"]Rusko Producer Masterclass Part 1 - YouTube[/ame]
    ---

You cant buy talent, basically.

10. timbonaut

timbonaut NI Product Owner

thx jones for posting that, i personally know a couple of persons who own such level equipment or even less and successfully selling an amount of their music and live from it. it brings a nice little other perspective to things.

anyways, there is a lot of great gear out there anyways and a lot of worth to buy them. just master the tools you got.

but yeah, talent is not available for sale, hehe...

11. kcearl

kcearl NI Product Owner

thats completely different from jumping ship...again why would they jump ship?

12. JAHROME

JAHROME NI Product Owner

So who builds sampling drum machines better than Akai over the past 25 years? Its lame to keep bringing up the original MPC 1000 pads. MPC 1000 was just a low-cost MPC. Akai made a mistake in redesigning the pads which didn't hold up well beyond 1 yr or so. The pad fixed was done a long time ago. Since then, we have had both the MPC 5000 and 2500. The build quality of these units are equal to or better than any similar product on the market. Disagree? Then who builds better quality drum machines? I would pay up to $1000 for a second-hand MPC 2500 and $1400 for an second-hand MPC 5000. I am certainly not worried about the quality of Akai MPCs.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2012
  13. yaren

yaren Account Suspended

i can see the mods have deleted posts...

use ur brain once again.. think before you type please

14. jones_maschine

jones_maschine Forum Member

All NI need to do is update Maschine with timestretching. Then there is no real argument to jump ship. You will always need to incorporate a proper DAW to your productions. Plus by the time Ren gets released I will predict massive DAW releases (Logic X for one) which will sway peoples attention.

15. nicebeats

nicebeats NI Product Owner

At the end of the day the Maschine Fan Boys can say what they won't. But There is no reason in the world that Maschine should have ever been released without time stretching in the first release it's a Beat production unit and sampling which means you would need time stretching. Now with that said yeah there's work around but it's never the same and i have used mpc's since the 3000. So NI dropped the ball on that. But i still love Maschine but it's not ready until they get that added plus the whole midi thing is crazy also.

16. Ghost_On_Da_Maschine

Ghost_On_Da_Maschine NI Product Owner

No it's not.
    They charged customers $180 for their mistake.
    It wasn't a pad fix because the pads were broke when they designed them.
    The fact that they created a flawed design that had almost 100% failure rate then charged customers $180 to make it right is just unethical.
    They released the 5k to use with known bugs instead of a simple delay to address it.
    They gave us MPK with quick fail keybeds.
    What makes you think they all of a sudden will be doing the right thing with the new units?
    If anything they have more potential to deliver a bad product than ever before.

You know it's funny how everything you say and do is about trying to make it seem like you have so much when it fact you truly have so little.
    What are you compensating for?

Another thing you always say is who else does what Akai does?
    No one.
    Why?
    Unlike Akai they made transitions to other markets and products as the world changed.
    Akai instead sat on the old MPC rep and ended up where they are now, trying to copy someone else to get to where they should have gone.

But I will say I do understand your mentality on things.
    This is just a hobby for you, no clients, no work schedule no real requirements of a device it's a toy to you so you want the flashy red bike with the bent rim.

Owning something and using something are very different things.
    Same as owning something and needing something.

The best thing about it is you will do what you always do come back later saying it's no good.
    Same as you did with the Fantom G, MPC2500, MPC5000 or wait you do it with everything you buy.:D

You just constantly troll every forum you go on with the same nonsense and after a while it gets old.
    ---
    I bet there are more people doing production who don't use time stretch than do.

17. theinvis

theinvis NI Product Owner

I agree with you ghost on what you said about time stretching, but the rest of that diatribe was garbage. It's clear that jarhome is not your favorite m&m in the bunch but
    you don't hold native instruments to the same standard that you hold akai to.
    I'm not a hobbyist and I know what I'm talking about.:angry:

I've used native products for quite some time and they had another life and rep that was trife but if you had been around long you would know that. let me make a couple of points that don't add up about what you're saying.

first of all you have this mentality that seems like you believe we're on some cutting edge **** just because we are using computers, thats the first misnomer that you're alluding to, you say that akai is trying to copy something that they should have done before but everybody knows that it's the very purpose of a computer in this regard to copy and emulate to the best of it's ability, so basically you sound like you're confused about which came first the chicken or the egg. all of your synth programs, daw programs, sampler programs, and even sample packs are emulating to the best of their ability what came before them and some do it better than others. your daws are definitely surpassing the tape machines they emulate in recording and editing prowess, while the sound of such daws still has a ways to go but that's another discussion,....... your synths and keys and guitars and horns are still not comparable to the instruments they emulate and of course they are incredible when it comes to the original digital software instruments out there, but the emulations still allot of progress to be made.

now an mpc as you know is a computer/midi controller, and as a computer/ midi controller it's capable of many professional abilities that maschine is not capable of.
    this is a simple fact and if you and the like were really serious you would hold both products and the companies that make them to the same standard and it wouldn't hurt you guys feelings so much that there are allot of musicians that use both.

its not about whether you're a hobbyist or a newbie or a professional, it's about whether you know what you're talking about or not and whether you're full of bias like fox news or fair and balanced like they claim to be but are not:lol:

there was a time when people were so pissed off with ni just like they were with akai so what's the fair way to look at that?

there are many things that an mpc not only can do but have made standard in the sampling industry that maschine is not even capable of yet and I'm not even talking about time stretch........... so what is the fair way to look at it?

see even though maschines best days are ahead of us none of us are calling maschine obsolete or a toy or any bs like that, it's you guys who are doing all of that. maschine is a pro piece of kit as any instrument is in the right hands, but the way you guys talk about mpcs is laughable at best and half of you know it.

18. kcearl

kcearl NI Product Owner

ok so you cant or wont answer the question...cool

19. mezzurias

mezzurias NI Product Owner

I have to agree a bit with theinvis. Especially the part about build quality. its hard to point fingers considering all the issues NI hsa had with their hardware build quality. I haven't had issues with Maschine but I know people who have had issues. it happens with all mass manufactured products. The Kore 1 hardware screen is basically dead at the moment on my unit, that thing is only like 4 years old. My S4 works well for the most part but the headphone output jack is a bit finicky. There were a whole bunch of reports when the S4 first came out of people getting units with the platter all loose, they had to actually pop them back in themselves.

My reason for skipping Akai is strictly aesthetic. I think their stuff is fugs (****ing ugly). I don't like their design. I like minimal designs without bulging hunks of plastic. Maschine drew me in because I loved the design of the hardware. The same with the S4. Its just my personal taste. That doesn't mean I wouldn't check out the ren when it comes out, I just wish it looked nicer, especially the smaller unit. I'm not a fan of plastic grey and I'm too lazy to go through the hassle of modding the unit. I'm a purist when it comes to these things anyway. I don't put stickers or any of that crap on my stuff, I like to let the original designers intention breath.

20. theinvis

theinvis NI Product Owner

even though I love the design of the mpc 2000 series, I am very much into maschines minimalist design as well, it's something they really do well in Germany and I love it so I know exactly what you're talking about, no stickers on my stuff either outside of one of my bass cases. I have thought about modding the mikro into some old retro sci-fi box but haven't done it yet it's so nice and simple as is
    ---
    if the micro had a crossfader on it and 4 more knobs I probably would not be able to put it down

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.