1. Hi everyone,

We have just announced our latest version of the Komplete bundles.

Find out more about the bundles and the newly added instruments

Komplete 13 is available for pre-order now, and will become available for download on October 1, 2020.

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

OT: Akai "We will change the way you make music forever"

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by JAHROME, Jan 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yaren

yaren Account Suspended

we do not need cross faders on maschine's... please keep it at what its designed for..

leave cross faders up to traktor...

2. JAHROME

JAHROME NI Product Owner

Akai didn't design the MPC 1000s pads to fail. They used a new design that didn't hold up well....**** happens. lol For those whose MPCs were under warranty, they got there issues taken care of. For those whose MPCs were no longer under warranty....had to pay for a pad upgrade. To me, that makes sense. The black MPC 1000s that shipped with OS 2 had the new pads. That is the one I purchased. I have never had issues with the quality of MPC hardware.

When Akai released the MPC 5000, it had a few bugs so did every other MPC before it. But so did Maschine. So did the $3000 Korg Kronos sitting in my studio. Maschine is on OS 1.7 and I still have a graphic waveform editor display bug. The point is....no software is perfect. Do I think the MPC Ren will ship with bugs? I fully believe it WILL SHIP with bugs. My only issue will be if Akai addresses any issues with OS updates. What I have seen from them so far leads me to believe they will provide the support needed. As a reminder, Maschines updates did not come at a fast and furious pace. If you doubt Akai will deliver...just sit back and watch from the sidelines. There will be plenty of people that will buy them and provide feedback which you can use to make an informed purchase...or not.

As far as originality, that is stupid argument....among the dumbest arguments I have read in some time. It is clear that the inspiration for Maschine comes from MPCs (notably Akai MPC 4000 w/ Aksys) and the MV-8800. Go read up on these products..look at their screen shots. Then come back here and apologize. Be a man and admit when you are wrong. Akai is making a product that I have wanted for a long time. Maschine comes close but I prefer a larger full featured controller. I prefer track based multi-track recording. I never cared for Maschine's method.

For the record, I have never said the Akai MPC 5000 and 2500 were no good. I never said you can't make music with the Fantom G which I still own to this very day. But what you will find in these forums is my honest assessment about anything I buy. I don't have to justify my purchases like so many in the forums. When the Korg Kronos shipped with a cheap data wheel, I was the first person to report it.

I am open and honest about these matters. If you are implying anything beyond that, its you who has issues.

3. jpeg

jpeg Forum Member

anothe mpc ren pic

Attached Files:

4. jpeg

jpeg Forum Member

5. theinvis

theinvis NI Product Owner

:D booooo I don't use traktor, but if they would allow crossfading between scenes and patterns you're darn right we'll need a crossfader....... I don't like crossfading with knobs. you've used crossfading in ableton live haven't you,it's a great feature for juggling, sequencing tricks and other things as well
    ---
    I gotta be honest man those knobs are already starting to get on my nerves, I hope it's something I can get over cause I'm def gonna want to put this thing through it's paces

6. yaren

yaren Account Suspended

yeh but the maschine is not an apc40

7. elcommandante

elcommandante Forum Member

don´t worry, the original poster of the pics / the one who made them stated that he made some image editing so the led rings of the knobs won´t glow like that in reality;)

8. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

The glow wouldn't be the thing that bothered me. The thing that bothered me would be the problem that was highlighted almost as soon as the first pictures of the Renaissance were revealed: 16 knobs without any indication of what they do without referring elsewhere.

9. CoolDerb

CoolDerb Forum Member

Yo,I just bought one on a whim yesterday.I didn't by it to replace Maschine,but to complement it and use it on the go with my Ipad/Alesis IO Dock combo. I had considered an MPC 500 or 1000,but after comparing the cost and functionality, now that the BT is closer to the MPC 1000 in price, it was pretty much a no brainer.By the time I would have added a hard drive,expanded memory and JJOS to the 1000 the cost would be more.I looked at used 1000s on ebay but after reading about the numerous potential mechanical problems I decided to go the new route.I sold a bunch of stuff that had been collecting dust in my home studio for years (SP-808,DR-110,Streetboxx,etc.) and within 2 days (thanks ebay:) I made more than enough to get the BT.IMO, the BT makes a perfect portable companion to the Ipad.I can use the Ipad as a sound generator/module/synth.I can even sample online sounds into the BT and chop them up, from anywhere.

With all that being said,I still love Maschine for its ease of use,massive sound banks and VST/DAW integration.
    ---
    Whoa, I'm glad I read the rest of the comments in this thread about the Zbeat Thang's shortcomings. I may have to cancel my order from ZZ. I've watched plenty of video tutorials and the workflow may not be that bad for my purposes though. Hmm, more research over the weekend....

BTW, Gost and St.Joe, how do you guys like the BT after having used it for a while?

10. selfinflict3

selfinflict3 Account Suspended

beat thang is gay, just like this whole ****in thread..... ****!

11. theinvis

theinvis NI Product Owner

don't let hurt butt feelings hurt your butt:lol:

there's nothing wrong with what the beatthang is it's what it's not that is the problem, and not allot of folks want to tell the truth about it, its unfortunate that fellow musicians would mislead brethern that way!
    if you have any questions about it just ask and I'll tell you the truth.

as it stands right now, until changes are made the best thing you could do with it is protect yoursef if somebody trys to mugg you for your ipad haha the beat thang is heavy enough to put'em out for a week. i don't know why they call it portable, it's small but damn it's heavy you might as well carry around a 2500.

the mpc 500/ ipad would make a great combo but hey you guys gotta think when you're making these purchases man cause dudes just want your money. the mpc -1000's features would eat a beathang alive and thats before jj, the most important thing is to be informed, don't be afraid to pull the features up and look at them side by side so that you know what you're getting.

the beat thang has more ram but it does't mean anything because that's all it has on any other sampler except those dope mod and pitch wheels, those were sweet, but the other features, the editing , and the workflow are not up to par. with a 1000 that you could pick up for $350 like I did mine on craigslist..

12. selfinflict3

i just had a bad expearance with the beatkangz and screw the beat thang, i got mpcs, a maschine, and reason6.. screw a beatthang!

13. hiphopblues

hiphopblues Forum Member

Keep the homophobic **** to yourself son. No place for that here, or anywhere.

Hiphopblues

14. selfinflict3

15. b-righteous

b-righteous Moderator Moderator

I definitely did not need a visual. It's done for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.