OT: Controller recommendations

Discussion in 'REAKTOR' started by Moujik, Dec 9, 2011.

1. Moujik

Moujik NI Product Owner

Hi all - sorry for the OT, but you guys really know your stuff & hopefully can help me out...

I'm moving overseas shortly & need to drastically thin down my gear, both in terms of overall amount & size. Currently I'm using the following:

M-Audio Axiom 25
    Yamaha AN1X
    Kore 2 controller + software
    Launchpad
    BCR-2000
    Presonus Firebox

I'm thinking of getting rid of everything except the Launchpad, and getting another small controller (MPK Mini, Korg Nanocontroller or waiting for the A&H Xone K2).

I'm primarily using Reaktor alongside Live 8 on a 2007 Macbook & would like to stick to small, bus-powered USB stuff. I'm not a piano player by any stretch of the imagination, so I don't necessarily need a keyboard.

Any recommendations or things to avoid? I stopped buying Sound on Sound, Future Music etc a few years ago, so I'm pretty clueless!

Thanks,

Chris

2. Spip

Spip NI Product Owner

Just an iPad…

(keep the launchpad too)

3. salamanderanagram

salamanderanagram NI Product Owner

emancipator is a friend of a friend who's getting a little bit famous this past year (check it out if you haven't heard) - last i saw him he played my friends wedding and brought this guy:

http://lividinstruments.com/hardware_ohmrgb.php

which you prolly don't need because of the launchpad, but it was really beautiful. i have the smaller model (the block) and i can testify to their awesomeness and build quality.

4. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

BCR2000 is awesoem.

5. BenHoward

BenHoward Forum Member

I have one coming in the mail and am quite excited. It looks like it will team up with Reaktor brilliantly.

BTW shouldn't "Reaktor" be put on the spell check exception list for the forum software?

6. arachnaut

arachnaut NI Product Owner

Awesoem.

The spell checker is in your browser, not part the forum.

7. faster

faster NI Product Owner

I also vote for BCR2k
    If you got and use the BC Manager, I think it is the most versatile controller

8. ~Pd~

~Pd~ NI Product Owner

+1

I absolutely adore Konkreet Performer and TouchOSC on the iPad, and now there's Lemur. The Lemur controller editor and software are insane.

Maschine is a pretty terrific controller too... the big original one with lots of knobs.

9. Moujik

Moujik NI Product Owner

Thanks everyone.

iPad is an interesting idea; I have TouchOsc on my iPhone so I probably should have thought of that. Only issue is the cost really - I was hoping to break even on selling my current gear. Will have to have a word with the wife...!

Oh, and the BCR is great, but I'm going to need a 'fits-in-a-laptop-bag' set-up for the next year or so :S

10. ZooTooK

ZooTooK NI Product Owner

I got my self a Novation Nocturn for christmas, but I havn't tried it yet.... have to wait for farther christmas to bring it to me...

11. flux302

flux302 NI Product Owner

also the new Quneo looks great. can't wait to get mine in...

and for $200 can't beat it.