1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Output trouble

Discussion in 'KONTAKT' started by Michael Groarke, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Michael Groarke

Michael Groarke New Member

Hey we thought we had a handle on assigning outs in Kontakt, and everything is working fine...except...

When we get up to our fifth instrument, even though the outputs are set up "properly," we are hearing this instrument in our DAW despite the fader being muted. The only way to adjust volume is to change the level on the MIDI track. This is not the case for any of the other instruments in the multi. Ive tried using different instruments but find the same result. any clues?

2. Michael Groarke

PS I should have said that this was ocurring with a sound from within Kontakt Factory Library. Seems that the problem does not occur with other sounds. Therefore, is this the expected norm from Kontakt Factory Selection?

3. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

Please a screenshot of the whole multi (collapse the performance views of individual instruments) along with the Output section.

4. Michael Groarke

Thanks EvilDragon. We were messing around with different possibilities and lost the opportunity to snap a screenshot. Somehow it began to work as expected. Switched to another instrument (which worked as expected) and then switched back to Kontakt Factory... which also worked as expected. Appreciate your offer to help.

5. JohnIJones

JohnIJones NI Product Owner

Ignore this. I assume I have to post some replies until the forum will allow me to post a new topic.