Output's stuff

Discussion in 'General Production Forum' started by Bertotti, May 16, 2017.

1. Bertotti

Bertotti NI Product Owner

Curious if anyone here is using outputs stuff even though they have Komplete. I have not messed around with any output items but am curious if it is complimentary to Komplete and Maschine. I own neither so I have no basis for a comparison. Other then I absolutely love Kinetic Metal.

2. slyte

slyte NI Product Owner

I have substance because there is no equivalent in Komplete but...It's okay. It sounds great but I find it hard to fit in my tracks.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. D-J-K

D-J-K NI Product Owner

I own Exhale and Substance. Like slyte said, Substance can be tricky to dial in because the presets are very specific and it has so many tweakable parameters. IMHO, substance is best for melodic basslines at middle frequencies rather than sub-frequencies. I'm still adapting to it but do find it to be my go-to plug-in for melodic type bass these days. Exhale is amazing and definitely my favorite for exotic vocal sounds --- its deep and the presets are diverse so there's always some unique sound lurking within.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Bertotti

Substance was the one I was looking at but it sounds a bit tricky. Thanks your replies helped a lot.

• Like Like x 1
  5. slyte

slyte NI Product Owner

You can try Sam Spacey epica bass , I don'tr have it but it seems to be a killer for bass.

6. District Onagi

District Onagi NI Product Owner

What do you like to use for sub bass?

7. D-J-K

D-J-K NI Product Owner

I actually use mostly samples for sub-basses. Many are from sample packs, Maschine expansions, or from NOIIZ. I've also recently been using the Ignite 808-Studio plug-in --- it's got some decent presets for 808s and I can also create my own 808s with ability to modulate parameters.

8. slyte

slyte NI Product Owner

9. Bertotti

I actually do think that sounds great. I may at some point try some of their stuff but now life has kicked in with a few more bills that were not expected so back to the grind! hahaha its all fun though.

10. puzzlefactory

puzzlefactory NI Product Owner

I really like Output stuff. Been writing a lot of Trailer Music recently and Signal is great for rhythmic pulses and Substance has some great epic bass swells.

All there stuff is very suited to cinematic hybrid style music.

• Like Like x 2