1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Ozone 9 NKS Support

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by skinswashdc, Oct 2, 2019.

1. skinswashdc

skinswashdc Well-Known Member

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. tempsperdu

tempsperdu NI Product Owner

It tells me to sign in to get pricing options and then won't tell me........gotta lurve some marketing ploys..they are so well thought out......................

3. Goon

Goon NI Product Owner

About time :)

4. skinswashdc

Try it now. I see my upgrading prices now.

5. tempsperdu

Nope still just get a page that allows me to follow them on Twitter etc but nothing else......................................very odd

6. Kaldosh

Kaldosh NI Product Owner

7. skinswashdc

I would download the demo first. It's still buggy...

8. tempsperdu

What price are they offering you??? They still won't give me one even though I've got Production Bundle 2.1. The online shops are offering $149 for advanced which still seems a tad steep.

9. skinswashdc

It’s pricey. I have that and the creative suite. I sent an email to support. My upgrade is $200 to music production suite 3, but I can get it for $160 plus.

10. tempsperdu

This is double weird.... I have both the Creative Suite and Music Production Bundle 2.1 too. I finally got onto my loyalty offers by going on a different computer and they gave me $299 for O9 and $399 for MPB 3 yet at Audio Deluxe I can get O9 for $149 and MPB 3 for $199. Again pricey considering that I got MPB 2.1 for just over $200 and whilst MPB 3 has some new inclusions I couldn't see exactly what was in O9 that justified the upgrade price.

11. skinswashdc

It's seems high because those two reverbs included are at $299, and $199 a piece. I would just email Izotope.

12. kb420

kb420 NI Product Owner

I currently have the Music Production Suite 2.1. The offer I received is $149 for the Ozone 9 Advanced upgrade, and $249 for the Music Production 3 upgrade, which includes the 2 reverbs.

13. tempsperdu

Which means it's cheaper for you to get MPS 3 at Audio Deluxe where you can get it for $199 with a further 15% off at checkout.............

• Like Like x 1
  14. kb420

kb420 NI Product Owner

I just went to their website, and this is the price....

Attached Files:

15. tempsperdu

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  16. tslays

tslays NI Product Owner

I am interested in Ozone 9.
    Would it be possible then to mix and master in Maschine? Do you guys use something else?

Also, do you need iLok to run iZotope stuff? Like Protools?

17. HammyHavoc

HammyHavoc NI Product Owner

Yes, and you would probably get quite reasonable results. I'm a firm believer that high quality analogue compressors sound infinitely better than plugins, especially when they're pushed, so it won't be the be-all and end-all, but then again, what is? :rolleyes: NKS integration on more software is a win in my books. Would love to see NKS support for Iris next.

iZotope has their own authorization system via the internet, though you can optionally use iLok if you choose to.

18. tslays

tslays NI Product Owner

thanks! Is the NKS Support limited to Ozone?

• Like Like x 1
  19. HammyHavoc

HammyHavoc NI Product Owner

You're welcome! At present, to my knowledge, yes, but I'm not 100% sure on it, but about 95% sure it's currently only Ozone 9 that has official first-party NKS support, though there is a community-made Iris setup floating around, though I've not tried it.

20. tslays

tslays NI Product Owner

Do you think it is worth to upgrade to the production suite? There are some interesting products. Vocal synth engine sounds nice. Komplete doesn’t have it.

On the other hand, I probably only use Ozone but the advanced edition is like $400 and production suite is $600.
    Bundle psychology...