1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Paint Peeling Off Already?

Discussion in 'KONTROL Z2' started by DJ Deano browne, Nov 14, 2012.

1. ben-g

ben-g New Member

Disappointed because of fader-paint issues!

Totally agree! The Z2 is actually the product I waited for. This made me finally switch to Traktor. I have the same issues with the paint coming off and I´m very disappointed because of the "fading-paint".

I also wrote a ticket, let´s see what NI will respond...:S

2. blackavenger

blackavenger Forum Member

NI have to realize that this isn't cool. Within a mere week or two, the resale value of the Z2 is drastically diminished due to this issue.

3. Aklim

Aklim New Member

Same issue on right side of CF after 1 week of scratching. Contacted support with picture, they confirmed they are putting people on a list for new faceplates when they are available. Sounds like they are owning up to this for those with an issue.

Until that comes, imma tear this mixer up till all the paint comes off!

4. photojojo

photojojo Forum Member

I really like this magnetic faceplate deal. It's super easy to take on and off and I'm certain we'll be able to buy the different colors like on Maschine.

5. kd1011

kd1011 New Member

Hm, the Z2 has been out of stock for several days now on the NI webshop.

As far as I can tell the shop ships directly from the factory (China), meaning production has likely stopped?

Possibly because a fix is in the works?

6. DJ Deano browne

DJ Deano browne Forum Member

NI replied to my ticket also. They are going to send out faceplates to everybody that emailed them about it. The faceplates are covered under the warranty.

7. Smiling D

Smiling D New Member

Hope that the new faceplates will not do the same

8. shungy

shungy New Member

Add me to this list of victims. :(

I emailed product support... I hope I get a fix.

9. DJ Rock Well

DJ Rock Well New Member

Three days...

[​IMG]

Three weeks...

[​IMG]
    ---
    At three and a half weeks it's now all gone.

10. Smiling D

Smiling D New Member

Amazing

Wow!:eek:

11. willisnz

willisnz NI Product Owner

Before it was even released there was a Youtube video of a display model at the BPM show, and most of the markings around the cross fader had scratched off in less than one day from all the people trying it out.

12. jorgelectro

jorgelectro Forum Member

To me that is a very important aspect on any electronics. I ain´t buying it.

13. DJ Deano browne

DJ Deano browne Forum Member

Its still worth buying I will admit that. I love this mixer that much that I want it improved and back on the shelves ASAP. The Z2 is a beast in my opinoin and I will continue to use it and build my skills on it. The new batch shouldn't have the same problem and I hope it gets out there in time for the holiday shopping season for NI's sake. This is the only issue I had with any of the NI products I own and even though i am a little upset, I still will support NI. or until they prove me wrong. So everybody enjoy your Z2s and practice! :cool:

14. nestaselect

nestaselect NI Product Owner

NI has been really cool. If you are having this issue just open a support ticket and send a photo of the affected area. Their is a new improved faceplate coming out. Once they are available, they will send you one.

15. TyDoZ

TyDoZ NI Product Owner

Faceplate

Same here, after a couple of days.
    Will also open a ticket and hope they send me a new faceplate and maybe some colored knobs (ha!).
    This mixer has made my life a lot easier.
    Have never been a fan o Pioneer and didn't have the courage to purchase their Traktor mixer.
    Got the Z2 and don't regret it at all.
    Go NI.

16. MinnieHaus

MinnieHaus Forum Member

I thought maybe people were ragging their mixers to get this issue but have noticed mine has gone the same way. Gutted, will open a ticket.

17. holtron

holtron New Member

Add me to the list, as well. =/

18. jam-bar

jam-bar New Member

I'm pretty much use to the knobs and buttons so I reversed mine. Actually looks pretty dam cool flipped over.

19. blackavenger

blackavenger Forum Member

show us a pic of what it looks like.

20. TyDoZ

TyDoZ NI Product Owner

Paintless crossfader area

Here's a pic of my Z2 after 2 weeks of use.

[​IMG]

The line fader paint is peeling off too. :D
    Have opened a ticket and NI cats said they'll send a new faceplate. Nice.