Pasting / Droping MIDI patterns in DAW ?

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by 8ball, Apr 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 8ball

8ball Forum Member

Is there any way to past a Maschine sequenced beat in 1 group to my DAW ? And then edit my track with midi notes modifying what's needed/unneeded during the total track length rather then using the Maschine sequencer ?

This is a 100% needed thing for me.. I can't work without this...

Thanks,
    8b.

2. sowari

sowari Moderator Moderator

not at the moment.

have a look at feature requests.

sowari

3. 8ball

8ball Forum Member

Sowari,

I understand that Maschine is aimed somewhat at performance, but if i can't interact with it from my DAW i'll say that to make my songs (i call my works tracks) then it's rather useless for me.

I mean I can try to change my way of working but i hardly doubt that the Maschine sequencer will ever be as powerful as what my DAW let me do.

And as i've said in the feature request post, if a 200 euros or less Guru is able to do that i really expect a 600+ euros Maschine to do much more, which is not the case.

Although i'm happy with the general sound of the beast and the FX, powerful EQ's and so on, this drag and drop to midi clip / then sequence from DAW feature is a must have for me.

Cheers,
    8b.

4. sowari

sowari Moderator Moderator

8b, remember i said not at the moment.

the debate about MIDI has been an issue from day 1 of this Forum, but the point of Maschine is not to use like every other piece of software.

try to get to know the Sequencers in Maschine. i personally find i enjoy using the Maschine Sequencers more than any other software that i have.

and you are completely forgetting the Hardware Controller, which is great whether it is being used with Maschine or other software.

sowari

5. jbone1313

jbone1313 NI Product Owner

I don't think I would like the drag/drop feature as much as simple MIDI in and out for each group. (Though it would be nice too.)

What's more important IMO, is something like this:

Feature: Allow each group to receive MIDI from a sequencer track, and allow each group to send MIDI to a sequencer track. Maybe each group could operate on its own MIDI channel.

This allows two extremely powerful work flows:

1. You can use Maschine's patterns and scenes to drive other plugins.
    2. You could program Maschine's sounds from a sequencer's MIDI track like you would with Battery.

I agree with Sowari, that once you get to know Maschine's sequencer, number (2) becomes less of an issue. However, its still a really usefull and nice thing to have. Number (1) is a must for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.