1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Patch & Play community

Discussion in 'REAKTOR' started by bolabo, Dec 4, 2019.

1. colB

colB NI Product Owner

Seems I had an old version. Native access told me I had the latest, and of course there's no option to uninstall. And for Toybox (I guess all 3rd party?), no option to reinstall either. I worked out that to get the option to repair, I had to locate and rename the install folder, then 'repair' by pointing native access at the newly downloaded correct version.
    They really don't like to make things easy :-@

2. Niels Speijer

Niels Speijer New Member

David,

Thank you for notifying me of this thread on my UL page. I am happy to contribute existing and new blocks to this P&P community pack.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Moshe B

Moshe B NI Product Owner

can you please provide some info about those guidelines

• Like Like x 1
  4. bolabo

bolabo NI Product Owner

Amazing! :)

The list of interested builders is growing.

Yes I have a link somewhere to the guidelines and some png files for the ports for different shades of panel etc. I'll check if it's ok to post these here. You can also use the NI Bento blocks as a template for lining stuff up.. (that's generally how I did it, then once I had a working template I would copy and paste the ports from that).

I'm also looking into a good place for Reaktor users to share their own 'Rack' presets with other Reaktor users. Any suggestions for a good site for this? Would the Reaktor User Library work for this? Maybe a dedicated area on KVR? or this site? --> https://www.audiobombs.com/

Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  5. ehdyn

ehdyn NI Product Owner

6. Aaron McPherson

Aaron McPherson NI Product Owner

I'd definitely buy this pack. If money is an issue, may I suggest a Kickstarter campaign, or some other crowdfunding option? By promoting it on Facebook, KVR, other forums, I think we could get enough supporters to fund all the associated fees. Also, there would be no risk of investing time and money and not recovering it. The idea of sharing the fees is a great one; I have been trying to think of a solution, and this is the best one I've heard.

• Like Like x 2
  7. bolabo

bolabo NI Product Owner

Thanks, I'll check it out..

Yes that's a good idea, let's see how things work out..

Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
  8. Parhelic

Parhelic NI Product Owner

This is a great idea and I will support it by purchasing the creations.

9. bolabo

bolabo NI Product Owner

There are currently around 10 builders who have expressed interest in contributing to the 'community pack' :)

I've already got around 6 blocks sent to me for it and I'm working on my own old-school sampler block for it which is super wicked!

I also informally spoke to a couple of guys at NI about the idea before christmas and they love the idea, so lets see how things progress..

• Like Like x 1
  10. p1afff

p1afff NI Product Owner

Great !

11. krabbencutter

krabbencutter New Member

After some detour to MaxMSP, I'm back at Reaktor :D My obsession with the Neve 1073 EQ is still going strong and I've also acquired an Ursa Major StarGate 323 Reverb, which I want to take as an additional motivation, to get a better understanding of DSP and things. I won't have anything ready for the first volume, but I'd definitely be interested in contributing to a future community pack. Big up for your effort so far :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Brett Lavallee

Brett Lavallee NI Product Owner

I will have about 30 Blocks ready by the deadline.

• Like Like x 5
  13. gentleclockdivider

gentleclockdivider NI Product Owner

You do know that you can use third party blocks in ensemble mode and still use front panel patching ?
    The only thing you have to do is enable in/ouput port visibility for the blocks , but you will not get the RACK advantage of smaller file size and instant host recall

• Like Like x 1
  14. tkurgpold

tkurgpold NI Product Owner

To be honest, I haven't needed those features and wasn't aware they existed. Is this actually a thing? Because front-panel patching is the one and only draw of the Rack format for me, and I absolutely love being able to download interesting modules the way you might find a bizarre hardware module in the depths of the internet, so having both would make any other software modular environment entirely pointless for me.

15. Jan Ola @ NI

Jan Ola @ NI NI Team NI Team

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
  16. bolabo

bolabo NI Product Owner

Hey Guys, we are getting closer to March (the arbitrary deadline for getting this pack together), I have a list of 12 builders who have expressed interesting in contributing to this pack, I have also informally spoke with a couple of guys at NI who love the idea..

I'll reach out again and see where everyone is at with it.

I have a couple of blocks planned for the pack, a vintage sampler block and a vintage reverb block, here are some 'sneak peaks':

Sampler 3D.jpg

Toybox Vintage Verb small.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  17. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

Damn that Vintage Reverb looks SUH-WEET!

18. ehdyn

ehdyn NI Product Owner

Looks incredible.. just out of curiosity how are you doing those renders.. are you using Blender.. Cinema4D?
    Any particular starting point or workflow?

19. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

IMO it's a photo.

• Like Like x 2
  20. loachm

loachm NI Product Owner

:D