1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Pattern / MIDI Browser

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by OlivierFromGre, Sep 4, 2017.

1. OlivierFromGre

OlivierFromGre NI Product Owner

Create a tool to easily browse through patterns. Possibility to navigate by instrument (drum / bass / keyboard… patterns), by style (rock, reggae, hip hop, jazz), by sub-style (cool jazz, Jazz-funk, Bebop, …), by tempo...

Ideally the pattern browser will include midi grooves from instruments such as Abbey Road Drummer or Drumlab.

• Like Like x 3
  2. OlivierFromGre

OlivierFromGre NI Product Owner

So sad nobody understand me :)

3. just1n

just1n NI Product Owner

Hold this L(ike)

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

Maschine 1.x had Patterns in the browser. Now we have MIDI import/export, but no way to load just Patterns to a Group...

Having Patterns as an option in the browser would be welcome. Even having the option to load Groups with Patterns only would be a step in the right direction though.

• Like Like x 2
  5. mason drielling

mason drielling NI Product Owner

i made my own picture to illustrate
    Screen Shot 2020-05-20 at 2.46.59 PM.png

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  6. mason drielling

mason drielling NI Product Owner

people are buying/selling midi packs now. Theres websites with midi banks that have been around for decades. Its time we put these old patterns to use!

7. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

Long-standing request (though the only thread I can find here is this).

8. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

Thanks, I'll merge the threads.

PS:
    +1 I would absolutely love to be able to just load Patterns or MIDI.

I tend to make my own kits and use similar pad placement, so I could easily have a custom pattern library to experiment, save drum patterns, fills, melodies, etc...

9. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

Yeah, it's always been a bit annoying and, frankly, stupid that Patterns were removed from the Browser between 1.x and 2.0.

Bit clunky, but one workaround is to create and update a Patterns Group, load it in your project, and either copy/paste or drag/drop Patterns from it to new Groups. Alternatively, make a habit of starting new Groups with this Pattern Group (i.e., before creating/loading any Sounds).