1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Performance recording is here.... AKAI Force

Discussion in 'General Production Forum' started by macchinista, Oct 7, 2020.

1. macchinista

macchinista NI Product Owner

too bad it’s the wrong product. Having some force gas atm, have to be honest

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  2. jacqui brookes

jacqui brookes NI Product Owner

Very nice. Hmm

3. BigPictureSound

BigPictureSound NI Product Owner

People complain about Maschines new clip/pattern hybrid but Akai just has clips, so there is no going back and editing a scene or pattern once it commits to the arranger, at least not spontaneously. You have to go to the arranger window to make changes. In my opinion Maschines new workflow is superior to the Force.

• Like Like x 1
  4. René must be Unique

René must be Unique NI Product Owner

Have I seen this toy here before?
    I think so.
    It should be forbidden to advertise other brands here. :mad:

René

5. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

I think it's more like entirely valid comparison with a very comparable competitor product. Whether you like it or not, Akai have just added to the Force what NI essentially promised us for MASCHINE years ago...

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

It might be better overall (I certainly prefer MASCHINE's workflow to MPC from my experience), but the key performance recording feature is the main point here, which is what we still don't have.

7. René must be Unique

René must be Unique NI Product Owner

I don't have a problem with it though, it was meant to be a joke. :);):(o_O:oops::thumbsup:

René

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

Ahh, fair enough. Just got lost in internet translation. :)

9. GoKeez

GoKeez NI Product Owner

I switched over to Maschine after 15 years of MPC loyalty. Will always love Akai as I built a great career and lifestyle using their tools.

That said, I don’t miss the workflow, lame ATM like touchscreen on Force or Live, snail paced support or super clunky form factor of the devices. People complained about M+ processor but it’s significantly more powerful than Force. Also, there will never be any synths on any of their devices that remotely approach what M+ offered at launch. Akai just cannot compete with NI sound libraries or workflow and that won’t change.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. ShelLuser

ShelLuser NI Product Owner

I worked with 2 Akai controllers: the APC40 Live controller as well as the MPD24 drumpad controller. I'm well aware that every controller is different and that my experiences with these two are probably hardly relevant here. But even so... as much as I appreciated Akai I cannot help say that I like my Ableton (Push) and Native Instruments (Maschine) controllers a whole lot better. I'm not too eager to pick up an Akai anymore to be honest.