1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Performing Scratch Routines with Traktor Scratch

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR SCRATCH' started by djquartz, Apr 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djquartz

djquartz NI Product Owner

Here is where we can discuss methods on how to setup TS to perform routines with Traktor Scratch.

I wanted to do this from awhile back but TFS lacked the functionality that made this possible.

One goal is to not to touch the laptop at all when performing a routine.

This could totally be possible if certain features are implemented in TS.

I have theory of how it will work but I have to wait until I can purchase additional control records.

And no it doesn't consist of putting all your material in one file, that is one way to do it but that's not the idea.

This would be identical to how you would perfom a DMC routine in a competition.

So this theory will take into account switching through multiple tracks, multiple control records that are stickered differently for needle dropping without looking at the TS interface, flipping sides on vinyl, etc.

2. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

i'd use a small midi interface like the faderfox we had on the musikmesse. with this, browse through your tracks and load 2 tracks.

you surely have a playlist prepared, if you're trying to do something DMC-ish, so the best is to use the record flip method to load the next track for quick access (and improved look, haha).

loops and filters can be used from the faderfox, placing the needle in the lead jumps to absolute modus (preference).

did i forget something? :)

3. djquartz

djquartz NI Product Owner

This would be without any extra controllers actually.

No midi controllers, handsfree from keyboard.

All vinyl control.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.