1. IMPORTANT:
    We launched a new online community and this space is now closed. This community will be available as a read-only resources until further notice.
    JOIN US HERE

PHASE DJ FOR NATIVE INSTRUMENTS

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO' started by DJ Ush, May 5, 2020.

1. DJ Ush

DJ Ush NI Product Owner

Hi everybody, i was wondering if it´s possible to run Phase with Native Instruments so i decided to prepare a short Tutorial about HOW to use PHASE with NATIVE INSTRUMENTS.

Enjoy & STAY TUND

2. Farhanashraf

Farhanashraf New Member

love my phase!

• Like Like x 1
  3. DJ Ush

DJ Ush NI Product Owner

Yeah it run´s perfect with Native Instruments :)

4. JohnSivris

JohnSivris NI Product Owner

Hello there, just buy Kontrol z2 and phase. All Installed and updated. I have one problem.. My relative mode is disable. I can’t activate it. I also run setup wizard but nothing. Can you help me?
    I try my phase on THRU MODE and I can hear the signal but when I’m on Traktor mode (internal) I can’t change it to relative ..

5. DJ Ush

DJ Ush NI Product Owner

Hi, yeah you have to pull Phase into youre Line Signal & also install the Phase App, choose there the Native Instruments Timecode Siganl & it should runs perfecty

6. Scratch-E Con

Scratch-E Con NI Product Owner

Yes it runs, but not perfectly. Calibration warnings all over (NI should fix this) and cue drift still making it impossible to properly beatjuggle (MWM promised to fix this for a long time but still no good).

I would like to love Phase but so far I just like it and I still revert to control vinyl for practising turntablism.

7. Scratch-E Con

BTW DJ Ush nice job you did with the Pioneer S9 mapping. I suppose this should also be possilble for Reloop Elite and Rane 70 then. Probably either one of these will be my next mixer.

• Like Like x 1
  8. DJ Ush

DJ Ush NI Product Owner

Yeah Bro, its time for a Update :)

9. DJ Ush

DJ Ush NI Product Owner

Thank you, yeaaaah thats defintly possible but a lot of Mapping commands... to Mapp the S9 i had to command every Cuepoint for every color in Traktor so we talk realy about Days instead of hours :)

10. dj_estrela

dj_estrela Well-Known Member

11. AlphA_ZA

AlphA_ZA NI Product Owner

I just got phase today. Tried it with TP3 with my z2. It's bad... Really bad. The cue drift is the problem. Even when doing scratching I can feel the cue point shifting. I don't even need to do juggling to see the issue.

I also tried it with scratch live... It's a lot better, but still bad.

Guess I'll be sticking to Traktor with control vinyl and needles.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
  12. adic27

adic27 NI Product Owner

Did you, or anyone here, ever get this working right? I don't even know where to begin since I have a single portable turntable with built-in faders. DVS capable but don't know if I'm wasting my time or not. I have the Headache Sound Omni. Hope someone can shed light. Kinda new to this

• Like Like x 1
  13. Scratch-E Con

Cue drift is still a problem but it's better/less than it was before. I don't think it will be solved completely for Traktor now that their focus is on Serato.

• Like Like x 1
  14. AlphA_ZA

Unfortunately, no - there is no fix I know of to improve the cue drift using Phase on Traktor. After the Phase HID integration on Serato was launched, I had no choice but to migrate to Serato. Using an SL2 box with my Z2 and Phase works really really well on Serato. There is almost no sticker drift. Its really close to playing on needles.

That being said, its a pity Phase is not natively supported on Trakor. After extensively using both applications, I can safely say that Traktor is better software than Serato - Its just a pity that Phase is so poorly supported.

• Like Like x 1
  15. adic27

adic27 NI Product Owner

So in my case, with my setup, could I get things setup if I purchased Serato and used the 2.5 beta taking advantage of the new plug-and-play feature? Here's what I'm working with:

Headache Sound Omni portable turntable with DVS

Phase

Native Instruments Komplete Audio 2

Do I need a dedicated mixer the Serato supports? I'm really not sure how to get things setup

Thanks

16. AlphA_ZA

Yes... Even with HID mode using Phase, you will need a Serato compatible mixer. Alternatively, you can use any mixer with an external sound card like Rane SL2, SL3 or SL4. You could also use a Denon DS1.

17. pARty_bOy

pARty_bOy NI Product Owner

How is Phase working with Traktor? is there still any Sticker Drift when scratching/beatjuggling? no more cue drift issues when heavy scratching, or juggling on more than 4 bars?
    thank you

• Like Like x 1
  18. Scratch-E Con

Unfortunately, yes. Scratching is doable but beat juggling not so much. To fix that Traktor would also need the HID mode they implemented in Serato.

• Like Like x 2