1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Pioneer CDJ-400

Discussion in 'General DJ Forum' started by Sean, Nov 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sean

Sean Forum Member

2. imianwilliams

imianwilliams NI Product Owner

Very interesting.

...but possibly not as interesting as this;

http://www.skratchworx.com/news3/comments.php?id=794

Midi & AAC support in Serato Scratch live.

I'm not saying I'm switching, but they're the two must have features in any DJing application for me.

It's definitely worth investigating further.

3. Groover

Groover NI Product Owner

4. Sean

Sean Forum Member

Nope - no controls for FX.

But if you use an external mixer and want deck control you're laughing.

Combined with a Midi mixer it would be pretty powerful I think.

5. Groover

Groover NI Product Owner

In the above mentioned review it says: "The CDJ-400 send out different MIDI message for all controls. The Jog Dial and Tempo slider end out variable messages, all others send a switch command ( OFF=0, ON=127). There is a complete overview of the exact MIDI mapping and message that are send in the back of the User Manual.

At the backside of the CDJ-400 there is also an USB connector, this one is used to connect to your computer and is used to send out the MIDI signals. When the CDJ=400 is connected to a PC that runs software which can be controlled via MIDI, it can act as interface. You can manually setup the software so it 'listens' to the right command of the CDJ-400."

If ALL controlls can send MIDI signals, you can surely assign some to the deck effects controlls and use regular audio mixer?

Well, lets wait and see... I think I read somewhere that the price will be around 650 EUR. A lot for (half or one third) MIDI controller, but not so much for CD + MIDI deck?

Peace.

Groover

6. Sean

Sean Forum Member

What I meant was if they'd really thought it through and added several extra knobs and buttons that could be user defined midi controls then it would be very useful. So, not a perfect Midi Contoller to my mind.

Good though like I said for people that want Midi deck control.

Comnied with one of those new Korg Midi Mixers it would be pretty fly I think.

Still prefer my Feena though.

7. 2manyTHRILLS

2manyTHRILLS Forum Member

Just wait till the next cdj1000's come on the scene, I guarantee they will become the new industry standard for a midi controller over night (not midi mixer, just deck controller). This is a good direction for pioneer and one band wagon they needed to jump on.

Its about time they incorporated USB devices to there products, CD's are becoming a dated medium for DJ's.

8. kassidy

kassidy NI Product Owner

Cdj 400 TKS

This is my Tks file for CDJ 400.

Ciao

Attached Files:

9. Fohat

Fohat Forum Member

nice one's but once again: what to do for gigs? carrying around own players then? sounds stupid to me.

I see no point in having at home the perfect solution for controlling traktor, if i am not able to use them for gigs. it all ends up with the vci-100 as it seems.

10. donks

donks New Member

can you use two cdj-400s at once controlling midi? one controlling deck a the other on deck b

taken from the skratchworx review "After all, £900 for a pair of MIDI controllers is a long way from cheap, but you can map MIDI controls for use with one deck"

i was planning on getting cdj's or tables to use with traktor scratch but this could be a better option...

11. kassidy

kassidy NI Product Owner

My Tks file is done for two Cdj 400.

First one Channel midi 1, second Channel midi 2.

Ciao

12. Dj Justan

Dj Justan NI Product Owner

Excuse me for my english but i'm french.
    i have got configured one cdj400 channel 1 and one cd400 channel 2 but only one work. In the traktor midi interface, i see 2 line CDJ-400 Midi ( my 2 cdj400 have got the same name) but i doesn't select only one cd player
    have you a solution please

13. Zephyr

Zephyr Forum Member

These would be a pretty nice addition to use with the Nuo 4 controlling loops and effects...but of course not as portable as the smaller all in one controllers. Still great for home use, this technology on the 1000s would be gangsta~!

14. voicekoil731

voicekoil731 New Member

I think you will have to go through and set each Cdj to a channel, example: ch1, ch2 because that is how its setup. Im not sure if that will work but it may. It sayes how to do it in the cdj manual, you hold the Text Mode/ Utility Mode button then scroll through using the Select/Push Knob, the same way you change the Jog Illumination.

Hope this helps..

15. voicekoil731

voicekoil731 New Member

Just curious how do you like the Nuo4 with your setup? Do all the controls work really well with Tracktor and Ableton? Im considering different mixers, and that is what is catching my eye with that mixer, and I love my current Ecler.

16. voicekoil731

voicekoil731 New Member

Nice Tks, gets the basic functions good. I was getting a little aggrivated going through and trying to create it myself, I was running into little bugs with the pitch bend for some reason. Thanks! :)

17. alessiof

alessiof NI Product Owner

18. Dj Justan

Dj Justan NI Product Owner

hello
    have you got One Or Two CDJ-400?
    Because with two players traktor does'nt work coorrectly.

19. voicekoil731

voicekoil731 New Member

I have two running, I got them both to work correctly. The only thing is the latency is somewhat bad, usable but bad. What did you mean by that though? Latency or actually functional usage?

20. petermichael

petermichael New Member

Traktor with 2 decks ?

By default the tks file routes midi channel 1 input to one deck or the other.

You must alter the original midi settings in traktor's midi settings page.

1. first one at a time select each midi command and click duplicate. (you will not need to do this with ones using "global" midi channel.)

2. then go down the list of commands and make one of each of the commands midi channel 1 and change the "omni" setting to deck a. / at the same time change the other of the pair to midi channel 2 and change the "omni" setting to deck b.

Now the loop buttons are not matching up with my players, perhaps it's the new firmware 1.12, but I just worked on this last night so I will refine and post up here the new link.

And yes, the latency is not "club play ready", it would be rough. I am crossing fingers that the software that does true "native" support has a livable amount of latency.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.