1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Pitch Lock Making Tracks Sound Extremely Pitched Down

Discussion in 'Technical Issues (Archive)' started by justcharlie, Jun 2, 2014.

1. justcharlie

justcharlie NI Product Owner

In the middle of a gig last night Traktor 2 (with the pitch lock on) started suddenly making every track sound super pitched down. The tempo was the same but vocals in the track sounded like pitched-down monsters on both decks. I restarted Traktor and it's still doing the same thing. If I turn off pitch lock tracks sound normal, it's only when I turn it on. I didn't change anything in the settings.

Here's what's really weird - if a track is playing at 100% normal speed with pitch lock on it sounds extremely pitched down. With pitch lock off, it sounds normal. I tried changing key lock in Settings > Transport (it's currently set to ECO / Scratch mode) but it didn't have any effect.

I'm on a late 2013 Retina Macbook Pro with 8gb of RAM.

edit: fixed - somehow the key settings on the mixer were adjusted, even though I have always kept that hidden in the interface.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2014
  2. mastermc

mastermc NI Product Owner

key lock is not good, turn it off

3. justcharlie

I would, but I need it for harmonic mixing.

4. mastermc

then use it with and have bad quality .

5. justcharlie

Thanks to both of you for being so constructive and helpful. What incredible atmosphere this forum has.

6. mastermc

anytime