Playlist Quick Filter

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by DJ Flex I, Jun 23, 2019.

1. DJ Flex I

DJ Flex I NI Product Owner

When dealing with playlists with say 200 songs, and in the middle of the night (party) it's starting to become really difficult to see what track has been played, what is not, in order to search not played track.

The request is for a button somewhere in the browser view, that filters all the songs that has been played in the current session. This will be very helpful, you can sort then by BPM, etc, and see only songs that have not been played, without others to mess around.

Basically, I need to be able with a button click, to see all not played tracks in the current playlist, that will help me choose the next song easily. And this can EXTEND to more filters like BPM>=, BPM<=, etc.. maybe a step closer to smart playlists :) But BPM is not so important, because sorting helps.. But I need to be able to sort AFTER played songs are removed - it's very common to have 120 songs played in a 200 songs playlist, and then it's really hard to choose next..

2. DJ Flex I

Btw the use case is this - playlist is only songs that probably are gonna be played on the party, like 200-300 songs to select from. The order doesn't matter, each next song depends on where the party will go, but the problem is when I choose next song, I need to see ONLY what has not been played, and then apply some sorting by BPM usually.

3. DJ Flex I

Another quick filters in this section:
    1. Filter Only Tracks that match key [field]
    2. Filter Only Tracks within BPM +- 10% to [field]