1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Please consider these Clip fixes

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by ManoVarunKumar, Oct 1, 2020.

1. ManoVarunKumar

ManoVarunKumar NI Product Owner

I really appreciate the ability to have Clips available in Maschine, but I there are few things that it is missing, here are some of them.
    1. Ability to remove a clip from song, without deleting the clip (just like how we can remove patterns)
    2. Ability to have the clips fixed without splitting as the scenes being added ( I want to have a workflow of adding a full cue track and add rhythms/music to the cue track)
    3. Ability to morph between clips and patterns when they are overlapped.
    4. Ability to convert a clip to pattern

Last edited: Oct 1, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  2. eclipxe

eclipxe NI Product Owner

#3 would be huge - an option for "merge or replace" when a clip is over a pattern!

• Like Like x 2
  3. tempsperdu

tempsperdu NI Product Owner

I think we are all hoping that clips will be developed to a much more versatile extent. Here's hoping.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

All good, valid suggestions and all have been discussed at various lengths, so hopefully we'll see at least some of the in the not-so-distant future.

• Like Like x 1
  5. CH7

CH7 NI Product Owner

Ditto, import and export clip, so you could build a clip library e.g. Rises etc, and 'copy to clip' e.g. Non destructive

• Like Like x 2
  6. Howl

Howl NI Product Owner

+1000

7. Supercreative

Supercreative NI Product Owner

Since we have clips now I'm pretty sure there will be more development on this, based on user requirements.

I tend to use clips only within the song view. I really like the flexibility to move and edit content within the timeline. And I don't want to switch between pattern an clips. Switching between those is confusing me and it distracts me from my creative process.
    IMO, for using clips only some more improvement is needed. ;)

Edit:
    I was hoping that clips could replace pattern in general as an overall container for all and also within the ideas view. But due to framework limitations clips can only serve as an add on.

• Like Like x 1