Please help for my sanity: Features or bugs?

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by marzy, Oct 7, 2016.

1. THE WIDOWMAKER

THE WIDOWMAKER NI Product Owner

Just 3 scenes had data and were selected as a loop.

The rest are empty, not selected as a loop, basically in my past life they would have been completely dark which is what you/we all expect, I can live with it at home but in a live environment with lights etc it may create a few :mad: and :eek: but I'll learn to cope I'm sure until they fix it, if they do........

It's not so bad, I'm kinda used to it after. Few days of solid creation.

2. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

Thanks for clarifying. I thought that's what it was, but, of course, if it was a picture of 16 Scenes with 1-3 selected, that wouldn't be the same. As you say, as long as you're aware, you an work around it, but it definitely seems to be a bug with the Mk1 and it's definitely not ideal (as you say, for live work in particular).

3. CakeAlexS

CakeAlexS NI Product Owner

There's a lot of posts here. Is it possible just to give full steps in one post for the MK1 issue again for clarity... I'm probably being dim but...

4. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

1. Open new Maschine project (with Mk1 connected)
    2. Enter Scene mode
    Observed: Current Scene is fully lit (as it should be), but all other pads are dimly lit, which should be dark (unless the "new" Project had Scenes 2-16 as created Scenes)
    Expected: currently selected Scene(s) to be fully lit, non-selected but existing Scenes to be dimly lit, and Scene slots with no Scene yet assigned to be dark.

• Like Like x 1
  5. marzy

marzy NI Product Owner

If I hold scene, all the pads are lit and the same brightness, except the current scene which is brighter. It doesn't matter if the scene exists or not, the pads are always lit

What @Mr36 said, I think, but I'm not sure what you mean by 'created scenes'

I might just downgrade back to 2.4 if at all possible without reinstalling

6. CakeAlexS

CakeAlexS NI Product Owner

Now MK1 is about to be dropped for Apple at least, I just wonder - was this resolved? (If you haven't updated via NI service center please do).