Please help me! A8 issue for mac

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR Audio Interfaces' started by Kenty, Jan 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kenty

Kenty Forum Member

I usually use the Audio 8 for TSP sessions on my mac laptop. Now i am attempting to use the A8 with my mac desktop machine so i can use it with Ableton.

The A8 icon/driver is visible in System Preferences.
    The A8 is also selected in System Preferences - Sound. But is says on both Input & Output tabs that "The Selected Device Has No Input/Output Controls".
    In utilities - Audio Midi Setup - Audio Devices, i have selected the A8 for everything.

On the fist attempt, in the Audio Devices section Stream 1 (outputs 1-2) were set as default (and also in the configure speakers tab!), these connections were too made on the back of the A8 unit.
    There was then very, very loud audio coming from my monitors but nothing through the headphone output and there also appeared to be no Rotarys etc on the A8 unit to reduce the main output control to my monitors.

After spending further time reading he manual, it advised to select Stream 4 (outputs 7-8).
    I made these connections on the back of the A8 unit first and then selected Stream 4 in 'Utilities - Audio Midi Setup - Audio Devices'. But after also selecting Stream 4 in the Configure Speakers Tab, it would always automatically resumed to Stream 1!). After this configuration. there was no sound coming through my system at all!

Am i missing something? Can the A8 not be operated the same as dedicated Audio Interfaces such as my t.c. electronic konnekt 8? :confused: :confused:

Last edited: Jan 10, 2010
  2. goonzy

goonzy Modérateur

it can.. however, the Audio 8 has no virtual mixer with its drivers... so what you will get is "Line Level" on all outputs without volume control. You'll have to deal with volume leels within our DAW (here Ableton Live as I understood).

I'm using this configuration with my "studio" config, but in order to have more control over levels for my neighbour's sake, I'm going thru a Mackie VLZ3 mixer for the 6 1st channels ans have my headphoines connected directly on the last channel so tha I route my master there if I want to work "silently" (for my girldriend's sake in this case :)) .

3. Kenty

Kenty Forum Member

Thanks for your reply. Do you possibly know why i had the issue with Steam 4?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.