Please make Maschine's sequencer give out midi notes to the host

Discussion in 'Feature Request Archive' started by donfuan, Mar 5, 2010.

1. kostadelmar

kostadelmar Forum Member

2. chris_in_london

chris_in_london Forum Member

3. kccrowe

kccrowe New Member

yea definitely needs this screw all this scene changing for very simple adjustments this is necessary or if anybody has workarounds in logic

4. jaaypeso24

jaaypeso24 NI Product Owner

HUGE +1 for this feature.

Also, can we get a "full level" and "16 levels" function for maschine when its in MIDI CONTROL MODE.

5. oliviaarthur

oliviaarthur Forum Member

I have actually figured out a temporary workaround that I am (semi) happy with. Basically I have just set up a group to only output midi to 16 notes to the top section of a drum rack in ableton. I then re-name every sound to what drum sound it is triggering in ableton. I am just using Maschine as a sequencer for ableton and using machines drum sounds in abletons drum rack. I will basically set up a couple patterns in machine and then record the output of the midi into the drum rack while I rock out with the mutes. It would be great if I could ditch the drum rack altogether and do this with a kit loaded in machine. Right now I am not even really using machine as my drum machine because I have had a difficult time finding a workflow with machine in its current state. I need to be able to lay drums out in midi, and I am not really into the whole drag and drop thing.

6. Prolyfic

Prolyfic New Member

7. Millsyy2k

Millsyy2k New Member

+1 for feature request

I tried this for a little while but with a slight twist. I set up 16 other midi tracks and took their input from each of the drum racks pads (kind of using the drum rack as a midi router with nothing in each chain). I had a simpler on each midi channel. Mainly used this because I like to see each drum part in a separate clip on the arrange page for easy editing. The issue though is playing in hits that you want to change the pitch of using either the keyboard mode in Maschine or the step sequencer, so I have reverted back to drag and drop. (can't have your cake and eat it right now.....)

8. Poster

Poster NI Product Owner

:confused: what am I missing here?

my host (Live) records Maschine pattern notes just fine..

on Mac, and obviously using the VST, not the AU..

9. oliviaarthur

oliviaarthur Forum Member

yep- super frustrating.... I would just love to use machine to sequence machine outside of machine.....! it does not seem like it would be that difficult for NI to develop. i am so surprised that NI did not see this as a priority in the last update (or the first for that matter) --- when i first played around with Maschine this is totally what i was hoping and expecting it to do.
    ---
    Yes - it works great sending midi- but not when a kit is loaded in the group

10. stephenwolf

stephenwolf NI Product Owner

11. morgangrimes

morgangrimes New Member

12. gardenIMPERIVM

gardenIMPERIVM New Member

13. Feulo

Feulo New Member

14. Alzepop

Alzepop New Member

Bump Bump
    +1

15. jaydagustin

jaydagustin Forum Member

16. fjoesz

fjoesz New Member

17. hue

hue Forum Member

18. NilRecurring

NilRecurring New Member

19. comp200

comp200 New Member

+1

I'm not going to buy Maschine until this CRUCIAL feature is added. What's the point of having a live performance tool, if you cant record your rough arrangement to DAW as MIDI? :lol:

To me, thats the whole point of buying a machine like this, to help me get nice arrangements quickly by live jamming with hardware, with different patterns, mutes and automation.

This feature should have been there from day 1.

20. LonnB

LonnB Forum Member

I can do this in Logic as well... with Sound to Midi Batch Setup