Please make Maschine's sequencer give out midi notes to the host

Discussion in 'Feature Request Archive' started by donfuan, Mar 5, 2010.

1. jbone1313

jbone1313 NI Product Owner

Try recording a pattern with a KIT. Then try this. Then add your +1.

2. Chazijame22

Chazijame22 New Member

3. wesraven

wesraven NI Product Owner

hey guys, seems like the 1.6 update still won't have this feature? my guess is they're saving this for 2.0 and then it will be huge news all over the forums : )

4. GavinR

GavinR NI Product Owner

This would make such a difference!
    Fingers crossed this is included soon.

5. joostoftoday

joostoftoday New Member

6. frabo

frabo NI Product Owner

+1 for this !

- maschine sends midi to all selected midi-interfaces that switch to "on" in the preferences !
    But, that is not what I need !
    I have several midiinterfaces for my external gear!

--> Please let us select the interface output and Midi Channel!

7. Mike Reticuli

Mike Reticuli New Member

this is EXACTLY what i need.......! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do it ! when i got the maschine and tried to use with cubase i was SHOCKED this isn't possible yet !

+1209321809438210498021830213213

8. mjames4208

mjames4208 NI Product Owner

As much as I want the maschine, this is the only feature that's keeping me from purchasing it.

9. Ghost_On_Da_Maschine

Ghost_On_Da_Maschine NI Product Owner

I too thought this was a problem until I realized I wouldn't be using my external hardware the way I had previously.
    It's just so much I can accomplish with the VSTs that I just took my workflow in a different direction.

10. Michael O'Hagan

Michael O'Hagan NI Product Owner

I've been checking into this lately, here;s what I've found.

read the posts by seb@plogue half way down the page.

http://www.plogue.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4371

here's the apple spec page.

http://lists.apple.com/archives/Coreaudio-api/2007/Mar/msg00053.html

read the posts by gspro half way down the page.

http://www.musiclab.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2942

it seems that AU's actually CAN do this, but most daw's dont support it.

looks like its up to the daw maker to implement this more than anything else.

I'm sending of a feature request to MOTU for DP to support this, send them out to your daw of choice as well.

and thanks to adriano for the info, here.

http://www.motunation.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=43990&p=370521#p370521

11. Mike Reticuli

Mike Reticuli New Member

THIS ! exactly my thoughts !

I bought the maschine and wasn't aware of it :-S

In my opinion this is the MOST ESSENTIAL feature the maschine should have .... that's the whole point of integrating the maschine to your DAW. until now there isn't a remarkable difference to using battery with the maschine samples :-D !

12. Ghost_On_Da_Maschine

So you are saying it's a deal killer to simply play into Maschine and drag the MIDI to your DAW? :S

13. Mike Reticuli

Mike Reticuli New Member

yes, this is not the same IMHO :)

14. de wouzer

de wouzer NI Product Owner

that's why NI has a very big reason to start their own DAW now.... It will "Komplete" their setup.

15. janpeeters

janpeeters NI Product Owner

16. _ceone

_ceone NI Product Owner

euh please forgive me if I'm totally off ? but ...
    Does "sounds to midi batch setup" isn't enough to record midi notes in a DAW !

17. Ghost_On_Da_Maschine

To me I was more concerned with Maschine integrating with the computer moreso than with a DAW.
    The only time I want to be in a DAW is when I'm tracking vocals or live instruments in the context of a song and for working on a mix.

As far as creation I don't want to work in a DAW.
    I like the fact that Maschine allows me to do so much without forcing me to be in a DAW.

As a PT user and how poorly PT handles VIs Maschine takes away a lot of headache.
    I can work in Maschine then do a quick export to PT and have 16 tracks from Maschine come up and keep it moving.

18. janpeeters

janpeeters NI Product Owner

@_ceone I would expect "sounds to midi batch setup" to work that way, but tragically it doesn't record midi-notes in Logic 9.1.3. You have to switch Maschine to midi-mode with shift-control to be able to do so and then you miss a lot of feel of the normal Maschine. Velocity is not as nice, even if you set a different one eg soft1. Functions like browse don't work etc. So either Logic has a deficiency or Maschine 1.6.2.
    I've tried to achieve it via IAC (Inter Application Communication) in Apple's AudioMidiSetup but I didn't succeed :-(

@Ghost_on_da_Maschine for mostly digitally made music I agree with you but for a mainly human band that wants to add some layers of Maschine-goodness this is troublesome. Logic is perfect for mixing, comping and mastering.

19. Ghost_On_Da_Maschine

Adding live instruments to Mashine isn't bad for someone working as an individual but if I was working as a band I would find it a more logical workflow to use something like Kontakt or KORE inside of a DAW.

Seems like the wrong tool in that regard.:eek:

20. DMD

DMD New Member

Yes, please! It would make this great peice of gear faster in my work flow. Looking forward to having this option.
    Cheers,
    DD