1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Please make the loop recorder more scratch friendly!

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by sndrsklr, May 31, 2013.

1. sndrsklr

sndrsklr NI Product Owner

I haven´t found anything like that in the feature suggestions forum, so i´ll speak my mind in a new thread.

One thing that really keeps me from using the loop recorder is described by djtwixx in this thread. Short summary: when the "cue" option of the loop recorder is selected to record just one channel, it doesn´t record the crossfader movement.

I´m a scratch DJ and I´d like to build up a track by scratching and layering samples/instruments one after another but without recording the master signal again and again... So at the moment it seems like the loop recorder makes it impossible to realize this. I could do it by running Ableton in the background but that´s just too much to keep an eye on because of tempo synchronisation and possible bugs and settings. I would really like the ability to do this in just one application.

And if we start fantazising, how about this: being able to record such a layer straight into a slot of a remix deck? So you could trigger and/or mute several loops.

Besides that it would be very good to have a (adjustable) "count in" for the loop recorder. Pressing the record button and immediately start scratching at the same time isn´t really realistic :)

2. malzfreund

malzfreund NI Product Owner

It seems perfectly logical to me that, this way, no crossfader movements are recorded.

I don't have traktor in front of me aorn, but can't you just set the loop recorder to record the master?

3. sndrsklr

sndrsklr NI Product Owner

This way the crossfader movement gets recorded, but also everything else what I don´t want to be recorded (again). When you combine it with some loops from a sample deck they get recorded as well and when you want to add different layers with the loop recorder, everything gets re-recorded several times. Not really handy if you ask me...

Maybe it´s too difficult to put it into words what I´d like to do, so here´s a video example. After all these years this video is still one of the best to show what turntable/scratching based music combined with a loopstation can be about.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ugf15O3Wz3M[/ame]

(the drums are prerecorded, everything else is looped live).

And I´d really like to do all that within Traktor without any other programms in the background. It´s not much that´s missing.

4. AbleOne

AbleOne New Member

5. Mutis

Mutis NI Product Owner