Questions about TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 MK2 Power Supply

enyko
enyko Member Posts: 5 Member

Hi there,

I am looking to purchase a backup power supply for my S4 MK2 and had the following questions;

1. What exact specs do I need to look to for to make sure the power supply works with my unit? I believe NI's specs say 18 W (15 V, 1.2 A) but when searching online I see different volts, amps, watts...etc. Do I need to stick to 15 V for sure and a minimum of 1.2 A? Or does it have to be these exact specs? Also, do I have to look at the Connector Type? For example, will this work?
  2. In my research, I read that the S4 MK2 works without a power supply. I never new this and am wondering if it is not recommended? Or what the difference is using a power supply or not using a power supply?

Thank you!

Best Answer

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,334 Expert
    Answer ✓

You need a power supply with exact 15v, 1.2A is minimum, so one with 2A will also work. It needs the same connector and it's important the the polarity is the same. If I had to guess, a bit lower A might still work, but I don't see a reasons to go with less.

I don't know about this exact controllers, but form others I know that some will have dimmer light or lower output when using power from USB only.

Answers

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,334 Expert
    Answer ✓

You need a power supply with exact 15v, 1.2A is minimum, so one with 2A will also work. It needs the same connector and it's important the the polarity is the same. If I had to guess, a bit lower A might still work, but I don't see a reasons to go with less.

I don't know about this exact controllers, but form others I know that some will have dimmer light or lower output when using power from USB only.