1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

powerbook g4 question

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by storren, Oct 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. storren

storren New Member

I'm running Traktor Scratch on an Apple Powerbook G4 with 1.25 powerpc processor and 768MB of ram. When I play a song, using timecode vinyl, it sounds jerky... couldn't imagine how it sounds with two songs playing in the same time :( Working like this there is no chance for me mixing with traktor on this notebook.

My question is: if I buy 2GB of ram and replace the existing ones will it work properly? Is this upgrade enough or the processor has a very strong contribution for this also? :confused:

2. crucial d

crucial d NI Product Owner

putting the ram in will give you a massive improvement

just make sure to set time stretch quality to the lowest setting, and don't set the latency too low - you should be able to run it at a useable latency for gigging

3. storren

storren New Member

thank you, i will try that.
    oh, btw... i have t120c's too and i love them! :)

4. Karlos Santos

Karlos Santos Rocket Man Moderator

storren: defintely worth checking how much RAM your G4 can take as not all can take 2gig.
    You may have already checked this but i thought id mention it as its very important.

Check here to find your Mac: http://www.macupgrades.co.uk

Its a great reference site.

5. storren

storren New Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.