Filed Preferences Window freeze

Discussion in 'Archive' started by DJ-Andre, May 1, 2018.

1. DJ-Andre

DJ-Andre NI Product Owner

Setup:

- Traktor 2.11.3 (R13)
    - Windows 10 (v1803)
    - Intel Core i5 8th gen, 8GB RAM

Controller:

- Pioneer DDJ-SZ and Pioneer DDJ-SX2

Problem:

After importing the TSI the preferences Windows might hang. The more controllers are added, the longer it takes (with 2 TSI's imported i saw it freezing for 90 secs). Same issue happens when working offline or with Audio output set to SX2 while SZ is connected but then the freeze happens on startup.

Looks like Traktor does some sort of hardware detection and is waiting for a time out.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Stevan

Stevan NI Product Owner

+1 This is very old issue. As old as Traktor Pro...

3. dj_estrela

dj_estrela NI Product Owner

+1
    this is a really frustrating bug. Its going on for years.
    just creating multiple pages, without any mappings, is enough to trigger this bug

Last edited: May 19, 2018
  4. markski

markski NI Product Owner

I've also noticed that saving new mappings on the latest version seems to take longer and lock the system/display a busy pointer for 2-5 seconds.

5. DJ Tranz

DJ Tranz NI Product Owner

I use the jaja version from DJ tech tools works perfect

6. dj_estrela

agree. This is because the base JaJa file is just 3 mappings, while pioneer official one is ~12 mappings. It also depends heavily on your CPU speed!

anyway, I've added a lot of functionality to JaJa, and the moment you add more pages the it is very noticeable again....

7. DJ Tranz

Really? Wow. I use an intel I7 with windows 10 an x1 and f1 with DDJSZ. Lowered the jog wheels to 12 instead of 13

Attached Files:

8. dj_estrela

how much time it takes for you to open the preferences window?
    which exact i7 model do you have? this determines the clock speed and the generation

if you create additional empty pages (add / general midi) you immedialty start seeing the delay. It is not relevant if they actually have any entries.

cheers...

9. dj_estrela

also, do you have custom mappings also on your X1 and F1? The slowdown is only relevant on that case.

10. DJ Tranz

I will get you the info of the I7 when i get home I ordered it from HP. It takes me about three seconds for it to open and no custom mapping original mapping. Dont have to map because i have pretty much everything I need on DDJ SZ. I use X1 for effects as a snapshot of my favorite effects and the mixdecks for mashups

11. Friedemann @ NI

Friedemann @ NI NI Team NI Team

This issue is filed internally as TP-2576 and is currently at position 6 in our issues backlog.

• Like Like x 2
  12. dj_estrela

13. DJ Tranz

I decided to use my audio 8 and use the ddjsz as a mixer went back to the original TSI that native instruments said to use with the unit. I set the platters to 65% and working great. Takes a bit longer to open the preference but not crashing. Still using f1 and x1

14. dj_estrela

any luck on this one?

15. DJ Tranz

I just updated the firmware and downloaded a fresh TSI and no crashes. Worked the whole night with no glitches. Platters still need a little work but I don't scratch much on them set the platters to 9%. Mapped my Apc40 to do tone play. Should be coming up soon on the que I hope.

16. dj_estrela

wrong thread? this issue doesn't have anything to do with crashes, only slow opening of the preferences window

17. DJ Tranz

Sorry.

18. dj_estrela

• Like Like x 1
  19. dj_estrela

Tested T3 today. Its still there. In 10x seconds i created a bunch of empty pages, and made the preferences window freeze. This is really so painful. Old versions of T2 did not had this problem! :( :( :( :(

20. dj_estrela

On the plus side mixer fx is AMAZING, so 50eur goes to NI. Maybe one day this bug will be fixed, as it was before.