1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Preset Names Question

Discussion in 'MASSIVE' started by p1afff, Jul 12, 2019.

1. p1afff

p1afff NI Product Owner

As I have problem with updating my presets names in KK Browser, after editing them in the Finder, . I was looking at these in User Content/Massive X folder, I see that when saving, for example "My Strings" from MX (little disk icon in top bar), the name displayed in Finder (with no modification from my side) is "My_Strings", replacing the space by an underscore.

Is it the same for you ?

2. p1afff

p1afff NI Product Owner

What is even more strange, is that MX/KK generates two different names : again with the "My Strings" example, if you save with the Komplete Kontrol Save As menu, you end with the correct name (with a space between the two words). If you save by using the little Disk icon from the MX top bar, you get "My_Strings"(underscore between the two words).

So two solutions : either I did not understand something (no manual yet), either it's a bug.

• Like Like x 1
  3. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

Original patch name is stored in the patch itself, so changing its name from Finder/Explorer won't cover everything. Best to load the patch in MX then save as under another name.

• Like Like x 1
  4. p1afff

p1afff NI Product Owner

Not so convenient, you have to delete the undesired ones too. But why these two naming processes, so the Finder/Explorer don't even ask to replace when saving ? Strange behaviour. So at the end, I have two version/names of the same patch.

5. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

Yeah you'd remove the old one and then rescan patches in MX.

6. p1afff

p1afff NI Product Owner

rescan rescan rescan

• Like Like x 1