1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

PresetMagician: Generate NKS Presets from VST plugins

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Drachenkatze, Nov 10, 2018.

1. RobLo

RobLo NI Product Owner

I'd def pay $20 for this...super valuable.

And damn I was hoping we had someone who would tackle the thumbnail script ,

2. Drachenkatze

Drachenkatze NI Product Owner

Thumbnail Script?

3. RobLo

RobLo NI Product Owner

Yes, the python script D-One was speaking of. For the custom expansion images

4. Drifter

Drifter NI Product Owner

Could something like this work for the Lié software for Touché?

5. Drachenkatze

I don't know, if it is a VST instrument which uses presets, yes, but from the video the concept of that software isn't really clear to me.

6. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

As far as I know lie is the bridge to the controller called touche its a touch sensitive board witch can also tilt and all that can create control data and to control some software it's made as a vst wich hosts vsts like komplete kontrol AFAIK.

Uwe

• Like Like x 1
  7. Drifter

Drifter NI Product Owner

Yeah pretty much this. It can be opened within maschine, but I have to go through the presets manually

8. Drachenkatze

Short update: I've been sick for the past few days, so first alpha will be delayed.

Also, the infrastructure around the project (like website, license management etc) took a bit longer than expected, but stay tuned, it shouldn't be very long (tm) for the first alpha.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Kaldosh

Kaldosh NI Product Owner

Can't wait !

10. Drachenkatze

I'm sorry for the delay - in the last minutes prior creating the installer, I noticed that presets of some VSTI's aren't properly saved and recalled in Maschine. It turns out - it is a bug in Maschine!

How to reproduce:
    - Download TAL-Elek7ro or modulair64
    - Open either of those and save two different prestets directly from the Maschine UI (Plugin Dropdown -> Select a Preset, then Plugin Dropdown -> Save)
    - Try to open any of those two presets - they're identical (in fact, they're both the first preset)

I don't know if that bug already has been reported - the support forum is pretty hard to go through.

I think I have to add a check within PresetMagician that if a plugin doesn't work like NI expects it, it should throw a warning.

Native Instruments, If you stumble over this:

Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
  11. Kaldosh

Kaldosh NI Product Owner

Don't be sorry, this is amazing... Why don't you modify their code just as a beta test it might work better ;). It has been done previously here to change the size of too small pop up windows :rolleyes:

12. Drachenkatze

I won't - I don't have the code. It is a closed source product. The only way would be to reverse engineer the assembly code, which is a) a huge amount of work and b) probably illegal

13. Kaldosh

Kaldosh NI Product Owner

Very honorable :)well done anyway! They should hire you :cool:

14. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

It might be a windows specific bug because I couldn't reproduce it with modulair on OSX.
    I'll report this on the beta forum where sometimes devs reply.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
  15. Drachenkatze

Okay, that's pretty odd then - I would have assumed that they're using the same code for both platforms. Out of curiosity, can you send me two preset files in NKSF format so I can double check the contents?

16. D-One

Wait... Nevermind, My bad, it is indeed a buggy as hell.
    It always loads the first preset, if we manually change the present inside the plugin and then load a Maschine Instrument nbkt preset there is no change in the plugin, it just stays stuck with previous preset.

17. Drachenkatze

I'm glad that this is consistent :) I have to find out if I can implement a workaround, where PresetMagician recalls a single preset, stores it as first program, and then writes the full preset into preset slot number 1. Not sure if this will work, but let's see.

18. Drachenkatze

Thank you! Is it a hidden forum? I couldn't find it.

19. D-One

20. Drachenkatze

It's finally here! After about one week with very long hours of development, debugging, testing, the first alpha is here \o/

I could have released it earlier, but I wanted to polish the UI a bit (the first screenshots looked very ugly) and I wanted to get compatibility with Maschine and preset-based plugins right (see above regarding GetChunk())

Download it here: https://presetmagician.drachenkatze.org/

• Like Like x 1