PresetMagician: Generate NKS Presets from VST plugins

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Drachenkatze, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Drachenkatze

Drachenkatze NI Product Owner

See https://presetmagician.com/screenshots/screen04.png?v2

I don't know how you did it with Serum?

2. Kaldosh

Kaldosh NI Product Owner

I added folders containing 3rd party presets in pługin settings.
    Strangely I can't scan only one selected plug-in like before. It always goes through the whole list everytime and it's lagging a lot..

3. Drachenkatze

If you have Massive presets as fxb/fxp files, why don't you try it?

I don't understand, can you elaborate?

4. Kaldosh

Kaldosh NI Product Owner

5. Drachenkatze

Are you sure you aren't clicking on "Import Presets for Selection" or something else? I can't reproduce it, and it would very much surprise me if I could. Or are you missing a step in your description?

Also, first you say that you want to scan, then you say you want to add presets to the export list. I'm confused...

6. Frank Reifenstahl

Frank Reifenstahl NI Product Owner

+1
    As for me e.g. expanding the number of supported plugins is more important than cosmetics on a special group of plugins.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Kaldosh

Kaldosh NI Product Owner

I am probably confuse.... the thing is Massive is ticked in green in the list like supported plug-ins. I am trying to figure out what I can do with it since it seems to be supported. But, it only finds 2 presets .if I go in the seected plugin settings, so I can add additional folder or files to add presets to be scanned , when I press ok it goes through the process of analyzining ALL vst plugins again

8. Kaldosh

Kaldosh NI Product Owner

I second this point of view. the real attractive thing with this porject is to be able to deal with third party presets, generate previews or nks/nksfx files from it so we can drastically improve the workflow. Also I saw developpers for third party libraries that are looking for such tool to have their NKS integration for consumer made easier.

As a basic user I was hoping tha in the long run, this would allow to convert third party banks for NI Synths and others to make things smooth. I could actually achive this greatly with Serum and other Uhe plugins that are perfectly supported.

Since Massvie has been one of the most used synth in the last decades tehre is tons of libraries out there still relevant for todays production needs and this would be great to be able to batch convert nvsm files to NKS and generate previews from it and organise banks , tags as it is already possible in some way. Also all the reaktor field is huge and it would be awesome to be able to handle this as well in regard to the huge amount of instruments, effects and libraries available outhere

9. Drachenkatze

Well apparently Massive does not implement the VST programs standard properly. PresetMagician does not know (how should it)

Ah, that's a completely different description to the two descriptions you gave before. In the future, please make sure you write exactly what you did, because this did cost me half an hour of development time searching around in the source code and trying to figure out how that could happen, where in fact the description was simply wrong. I will see if I can reproduce it after I got some sleep.

10. Kaldosh

Kaldosh NI Product Owner

When adding a folder for Massive in plugin options i get this

Still yes, no rush as usual, do it in your own time, with a fresh mind is always better...I did sleep since our last conversation :D

upload_2019-5-5_12-30-50.png

11. Drachenkatze

The message is pretty self-explanatory: The FXB/FXP files were created using a different plugin ID than you are trying to import to. Ask NI why they have Massive with multiple plugin IDs. Most DAWs will also refuse to load these FXB/FXP files.

12. Kaldosh

Kaldosh NI Product Owner

right....:oops:

13. Kaldosh

Kaldosh NI Product Owner

Well, I actually tried for the first time today and found brillant the way PM auto-generates images from plug-in . It is very well done and such a time saver as I spent hours doing mines. So from what I can see, every plugn that is supported works perfectly well and its giving interresting results, knowing that you can modify to your taste. great time saver. I'd say this feature is incredible and it would be a shame to drop it I think if this was your question. Just few more popular supported plugins and this would be great. But as suggested above, being able to sort all the NI contents would be incredible, I don't know how hard it would be but this would be truly amazing

14. Drachenkatze

It's not about dropping support resources altogether, just the feature that you can share it online.

15. Kaldosh

Kaldosh NI Product Owner

Well, if it costs a lot for storage, not sure it is worth it. What you implemented is straight forward and quick enough I'd say so probably not necessary then

16. Drachenkatze

It's not about the cost, it's about the maintenance effort. If sharing is a feature which is rarely used, it makes sense to remove it, because it reduces software complexity, which in turn frees me up for other things.

17. Kaldosh

Kaldosh NI Product Owner

Well in this case, don't hesitate to free up yourself a bit :)

18. Drachenkatze

Short Update: I was able to find and fix the issue where some audio previews sound strange. Reason being that some plugins have more than 2 outputs, but this is only a very rare case and thus I never noticed it. Omnisphere is such a plugin, and audio previews work fine now (for me).

I'm still working on the reworked NI Resource generator to support plugin preview images, once that's done I'll put out a new release, hopefully by the end of the week (unless some critical bug pops up in my inbox).

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. ble

ble New Member

yes :D you are awesome, fixing preview will be almost all I need, very very very appreciated, one more request for omnisphere. if you can fix controller assignments for omnisphere, because I try everything I can: load mappings from multiple nks files, but this dose't work, control of assignments hang on value and nothing happens. you do so great job and this is worth every penny I spent on it.

20. Drachenkatze

I don't understand what you're trying to achieve. What do you mean with "control of assignments hang on value"?