PresetMagician: Generate NKS Presets from VST plugins

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Drachenkatze, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Baer

Baer NI Product Owner

Yes, please! You have already done such a great job providing so much information, please feel free to add my tiny contribution. Reverse engineering is entirely legal - hopefully NI makes NKS public at some point (not much hope here though). Whatever we can do to accelerate it, the better. I think it would actually be in NI's strategic interest to set a real standard by making it public. The quality control argument is lame.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Drachenkatze

Drachenkatze NI Product Owner

done: https://app.gitbook.com/@presetmagician/s/help/faq/nks#cached-colors

I would so have preferred not to touch the Maschine/KK databases...but it seems that I have to do it at some point :(

3. Baer

Baer NI Product Owner

4. Drachenkatze

Thanks :) I'll polish that section when I got a bit more time and done more research ;)

5. Drachenkatze

I just released PresetMagician 0.6.2

Improvements
    • Removing plugins and their associated presets should now be much faster
    • Standard VST parsers are shown with a yellow "is supported" checkmark to indicate that it may or may not work. Also added a hint to the tooltip regarding this.
    • Added an offline issue report feature to allow reporting bugs with no internet connectivity or other issue reporting failures
    Bugfixes
    • Fixed a bug where audio previews aren't generated correctly with multi-output plugins (example: Omnisphere)
    • NI Resources are now placed in the second directory which is required to show images on the hardware
    Vendor-specific preset parsers:
    • Added:
      • Arturia: B-3 V2, CZ V, Mellotron, Synthi V
      • Reveal Sound: Spire v1.1

Besides PresetMagician, I'm working on a side project which will make use of a cross-platform GUI library. I have done quite some research in the past weeks, and only found one such library which, at first glance, fits my requirements. Attached are a few screenshots of that side project - I'll reveal details once I feel it's time to do so ;)

mm-osx.png mm-windows.png D6KNpoKWwAUz8kW.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  6. trusampler

trusampler NI Product Owner

Money sent for license :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Kaldosh

Kaldosh NI Product Owner

Oh oh... Interesting :)

8. Frank Reifenstahl

Frank Reifenstahl NI Product Owner

Please, Felicia, rename the download exe to something other than setup.exe! thx! :)

9. Drachenkatze

Would PresetMagicianSetup.exe be okay?

• Like Like x 2
  10. Drachenkatze

By the way, the current release features a function to create an offline issue report. I still don't have any additional information regarding the Omnisphere user library issue (although I have a clue now), but it would be cool if somebody with Omnisphere and non-working user presets could submit the plugin log to be sure.

Last edited: May 14, 2019
  11. Drachenkatze

Okay, the hint did not apply, so I'm really in need for a bug report with the logs so I can fix that issue.

12. Hotbox

Hotbox New Member

I'm on Mac so I can't run this. Is there anywhere that we are uploading our generated presets for community use?

13. Drachenkatze

Sorry for the lack of updates; I've been busy with improving my music/development workplace and that project took longer than anticipated ;) I only have limited space and I thought "Hey, I can optimize that" and...well woodworking isn't my strong ability. Until that's completed my development computer is out of order :( But I'm making progress ;)

I hope to bring out the next version in the upcoming week, which includes yet another bugfix for Omnisphere and audio previews.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  14. tempsperdu

tempsperdu NI Product Owner

That's cheating ..it's got real things :D

15. Drachenkatze

Real things? Didn't get that one ^^

16. tempsperdu

tempsperdu NI Product Owner

Sorry ..I meant actually having a physical mixer :oops:

17. Drachenkatze

Yes, it was about time. That ASIO stuff is so frustrating, when I was jamming on the System-1 and Maschine at the same time I wasn't able to record the resulting audio easily. So I got this brandnew Behringer mixer with USB interface (couldn't get a smaller one as they don't have pre-fader sends). I actually never turned it on so far because of my reorganization stuff....hopefully I can finish that today! Can't wait ^^

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Drachenkatze

Phew, that was quite a ride. I finally got my new workspace/home studio/DJ corner finished. I didn't expect it to take so long, but well...woodworking isn't easy ;) And I was a bit...picky on the cable management, I wanted to be able to easily pull out old cables and place new ones.

The empty space beside the Maschine MK3 is reserved for an Arturia MicroFreak and the space behind the System-1 is reserved for a small Eurorack frame (can't afford both yet).

Previously, my whole desk was filled with gear and I couldn't work comfortably. Now I have got a huge space gain and finally it feels comfortable to work at that desk again and I can concentrate on PresetMagician again \o/

IMG_20190531_030638.jpg IMG_20190531_025153.jpg IMG_20190531_024829.jpg IMG_3414.JPG IMG_3415.JPG

• Like Like x 5
  19. René must be Unique

René must be Unique NI Product Owner

Very nicely made and professionally wired.

René

20. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

The Razer green keyboard matches the System-1 synth :D
    Having gear on a side slide tray is a great idea, I might steal that, great cable management too.
    :thumbsup: