PresetMagician: Generate NKS Presets from VST plugins

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Drachenkatze, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Kaldosh

Kaldosh NI Product Owner

• Like Like x 1
  2. Drachenkatze

Drachenkatze NI Product Owner

Maybe at some time in the future - I haven't had a look at the Kontakt format so I don't know how much effort it is to reverse engineer the format :(

3. Drachenkatze

4. ble

ble New Member

please repair: Omnisphere 2.6.2c dosen't find presets, don't map knobs with importet preset (knobs are mapped but dosen't work in Maschine), Loom2 can't generate previews and sugar bytes obscurium find only 128 presets with many the same names. I wating and waiting for fixes especially for omnisphere and obscurium. I am a paid user and very grateful for your work. God bless you :D

5. Drachenkatze

Please create bug reports or support request (one for each problem) so I have access to the plugin logs and can organize the problems

6. CPAF

CPAF NI Product Owner

I hope Trash2 from iZotope will be supported :)!

I have gollowed PresetMagician for some time but unfortunately never got it working. Gonna try again in the next couple of days! Its an awesome endevour thx!

7. Kaldosh

Kaldosh NI Product Owner

I did all the nks presets for Trash 2 manually as it seems tricky for Felicia to implement this feature... Still working on the mapping though as it is huge. If you want I can forward you the nks file. No mapping yet (except the default one that is very messy) but all factory presets are in it

8. CPAF

CPAF NI Product Owner

Wow that would be awesome!!

9. Drachenkatze

I haven't had a look at Trash 2 or the iZotope plugins so far, I remember that they're using a VST shell which I haven't gotten around to implement so far (same for Waves Plugins). The VST Shell stuff is quite complicated from a developer's point of view :(

10. Kaldosh

Kaldosh NI Product Owner

I understood that very well which is why I moved on on this. Perfectly understandable, still it would have been really awesome but it took me only an evening to make all presets manually. I didn't complete the whole controls mapping yet. There is so many but when labeling Control pages in a certain manner, it makes it so easy to navigate using the pages navigation. Very very handy this is just incredible when you get used to it. Page nav should even be a dedicated button IMHO

11. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

I don't think they do use a VST shell, they all install as independent plugins

12. CPAF

CPAF NI Product Owner

Pls
    Pls do make it available with Dropbox or the like :)!! Im just getting into trash2 and it is amazing!

13. Kaldosh

Kaldosh NI Product Owner

I don't Have Drop box or the like but feel fre to share ot your way it doesn't mater to me.
    In the Zipped file, you'll find 2 folders : Izotope + Izotope,inc which are the custom image folders to have the custom image for Trash 2 on your Maschine controller screen and Broswer (image for Trash 2 vst dosen't work in on the browser because because of the special character in izotope,inc. but works ok on controller)
    On Mac the path is ⁨Users⁩ ▸ ⁨Shared⁩ ▸ ⁨NI Resources⁩ / for Windows, IDK

Then you have a Presets Zip file containing all stock presets (35 or so) from Trash 2 AU plugin exported 1 by 1 so you have a few files to copy in Documents/Nativeinstruments/Maschine2/plugins just drop them here

Then there is a Convolution.zip file with 195 presets of all the stock convolutions presets as i like to use Trash 2 just for convolutions or amp simulations sometimes . drop them in the same folder

Once it s done you can start Maschine and enjoy

The reason why there is AU and VST version is because I did this for myself on the fly without paying attention for consistency and sharing with Windows user . Since I figured this out, I only use VST for this purpose but I didn't want to go Through the whole process again, I am sure you understand why, still, Windows users can use the Convolution presets without issues.

As said earlier if anyone want to share this on Drop box or maybe Kymeia as I know they did a lot of work for many synths and there is a dedicated thread for NKS user library there => https://www.native-instruments.com/forum/threads/nks-user-library.262959/

I am still working on the control mapping as it is really nice to work with as I could start to enjoy but takes a lot of time and I don't have much.

Peace !

Attached Files:

14. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

I'd be happy to add it to the user fx section of the user library if you want - thanks, I have Trash too, does it include the addons? - let me know when you have a mapping

15. Kaldosh

Kaldosh NI Product Owner

Cool.If you think it has a place in there please do.
    I think it does includes add-ons as I have Edge and Classic Textures if this is what you talk about.
    Surely the whole thing is a bit messy , will try to make something clean and finished when I find the time. Still I do use this on a daily basis and it is nice. Also did the same for Camelphat 3 if anyone is interrested

16. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

OK it's in the User Lib under/User FX - cheers

• Like Like x 1
  17. Kaldosh

Kaldosh NI Product Owner

Thanks !

• Like Like x 1
  18. Lab Rat

Lab Rat NI Product Owner

I can't get the image to appear for Spicy Guitars in Komplete Kontrol.

Attached Files:

19. Kaldosh

Kaldosh NI Product Owner

For some reason since last updates I have to create an image folder named after plugin company with the icon I want in the browser and inside that folder, the image folder with icôns for the rest

20. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

• Like Like x 1