1. Hi everyone,

We have just announced our latest version of the Komplete bundles.

Find out more about the bundles and the newly added instruments

Komplete 13 is available for pre-order now, and will become available for download on October 1, 2020.

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

PresetMagician: Generate NKS Presets from VST plugins

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Drachenkatze, Nov 10, 2018.

1. JesterMgee

JesterMgee NI Product Owner

I think you have done a fantastic job, it’s a lot of work and a huge challenge and I don’t think anyone would be upset given you need to consider your own Health and well being first. The demands of people that expect the world can be challenging to manage. I’m sure there have been issues to deal with as there always are but health and well being need to always come first. Take care.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Christos Adamos

Christos Adamos NI Product Owner

I'm sad for your bad health. Jester has right, good health always must be in the first priority
    You have done an amazing job with PM and thank you for this.
    As this year is ending, I wish all the negativity and difficulties also end with this year and 2020 bring good health and always have people you love around you

3. tempsperdu

tempsperdu NI Product Owner

Sorry to hear this..... and thanks for getting in touch with us again. Just try to get as well as you can, we very much appreciate what you've done but your health is far more important. :)

4. Lab Rat

Lab Rat NI Product Owner

Thanks for the update. Hope you get well soon.

5. Kaldosh

Kaldosh NI Product Owner

Nice to hear from you but sad to hear you are not getting any better. Try to rest I guess and to not put yourself into too much workload for a good while .

all the best

6. dreddiknight

dreddiknight NI Product Owner

Take care of, and be kind to yourself.

7. dasoli

dasoli NI Product Owner

Get well as far as possible. After my last collapse, I lost 15 kg and was somehow "life-threatening" underweight. I wish you all the best in this earth. I think we (the little NI family) are impressed with your work. Thank you for what you have created for us. Now just think of yourself. and as an offer (here I can and would only like to speak for myself) If it helps you, write to us (me) if you are not feeling well. @ forum ... thumbs up if you want to support Drachenkatze. Health is the most important thing! translated by Google

8. Drachenkatze

Drachenkatze NI Product Owner

I've published PresetMagician to GitHub, so it's now effectively Open Source under the MIT license. I've also removed the license checks.

I haven't had time to update the website and upload a new release yet, but this should happen in the next few days.

• Like Like x 5
  9. Drachenkatze

Drachenkatze NI Product Owner

I have now released PresetMagician 0.9.1, the first open-source release.

Nothing much new. Support for Initial Audio 808 Studio, Heat Up 3, Sektor Synth,a bugfix for Omnisphere and removal of all license checks.

• Like Like x 4
  10. poet666d

poet666d NI Product Owner

Thank you so much for this!

Ran the new version with no issues last night.

Hope things improve for you. You've done a great job so far on this tool!

11. Christos Adamos

Christos Adamos NI Product Owner

Nothing much new? Only that now works great with Omnisphere it's a huge update!!!
    I aggree with poet66d. You have make many people happy hear with PM.
    Hope that everything goes perfect in your life

• Like Like x 1
  12. Black Metaphor

Black Metaphor New Member

Thanks so much for the updates. I am a Mac user. Is anyone still working on this for Mac? Or can I make the presets on PC and then transfer to Mac for the applicable plugins?

13. JesterMgee

NKS presets are OS independent.

If you have plugins or libraries that have not already been created in NKS you can try and see if the tool will work for you or save them using Maschine/Komplete using the Save As function for NKS presets. KK is a bit easier to do this in because there is less clutter.

14. AJ317

AJ317 New Member

I just want to offer my thanks and appreciation for all the time and work you've put into this. It's amazing what you've done.
    I wish you good health and happiness.

• Like Like x 1
  15. stripealiper

stripealiper NI Product Owner

Hey all, new S49 user here. Great work by Felicia and hoping someone picks up the mantle and continues its developement. Just a quick question. I have Omnisphere and was wondering if it would be better to catalogue my library for NKS using PresetMagician or simply download one of the kindly uploaded user sets from someone like JesterMgee and make things even easier for myself?

Any advantage to either way? Cheers!

16. JesterMgee

It comes down to how much time and customisation you really want to invest. Using PM you would have the option to create things more the way you want but you would have to first do a lot of forward planning to create an intuitive template and also remember the fact you need to first enable every control you want to use for "host automation" in Omnisphere. That kind of complicates things a bit there...

The libraries I have created have been done over the last 5 years now and updated numerous times to take feedback from users into account and the tagging is probably something you can't really do as well with PM. I read and convert all the Omnisphere tagging details to the NKS 1.5 tagging standard using hundreds of tagging masks. The end result is plug-n-play usability so you don't have to figure out anything more complicated than how to unzip a folder and copy it to your desired location.

• Like Like x 1
  17. stripealiper

stripealiper NI Product Owner

Thanks Jester, and yeah... hmmf. I set up a handful of parameters in Omnisphere with 'enable host automation' and saved as a default multi, mapped them to a few knobs and saved a preset/template inside Komplete Kontrol. Then scanned in my Omnisphere library in PresetMagician, loaded the saved preset/template as controller data in PresetMagician and then exported. All show up in KK, and the knobs/mapping is all there, but, the enable host automation settings don't seem to have been saved or picked up in Omnisphere and hence none of the mapped knobs do anything lol.

Pulling my hair out on this one tbh... and why NI don't let you simply set a bunch of common controls for a plugin is beyond belief...