1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

PresetMagician: Generate NKS Presets from VST plugins

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Drachenkatze, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Drachenkatze

Drachenkatze NI Product Owner

I will add logging for each individual plugin in the next release; right now I have the "problem" that none of my tested VST plugins actually crash, which makes it pretty hard for me to see why the crash handler isn't working :(

2. Drachenkatze

Another short update: I've been working on a new UI over the past week to allow for plugin settings and more, but my health isn't good at the moment, so I'm not sure right now when the next release will come up. However, I'll drop a few status updates in here.

Attached Files:

• PM.png
      PM.png
      File size:
      29.3 KB
      Views:
  3. René must be Unique

René must be Unique NI Product Owner

That is annoying :(, so for my part, get well soon ;)

4. Christos Adamos

Christos Adamos NI Product Owner

Thanks for this useful tool. I'll do some testing and I'll let you know. I wish you soon to be healthy

5. Drachenkatze

Yet another short update - the new GUI is slowly coming together. Hopefully it's working soon, so I can concentrate on support for more plugin vendors.

As you can see, PresetMagician supports any depth of nested preset banks now.
    upload_2018-12-14_10-10-6.png

6. tempsperdu

tempsperdu NI Product Owner

Just in time for Pigments...............:confused::D;)

7. Drachenkatze

Another short update:

The internal refactoring of the application takes longer than expected, but I want to have a clean codebase to work with. Less bugs, better usability. No new vendor integrations so far, but once I finish the refactoring, I can start adding new ones. Will keep you updated, but here's a teaser screenshot :)

Attached Files:

• foo2.png
      foo2.png
      File size:
      82.9 KB
      Views:
  8. tempsperdu

tempsperdu NI Product Owner

Coming on innit...cool :)

9. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

How does the software deal with NKS standards like Macros and Tags? Are they blank as far as those 2 things are concerned?

10. Drachenkatze

Right now tags aren't handled, but they are on my todo list: https://support.presetmagician.com/presetmagician/issues/PUB-3

What do you mean with "macros"? As far as I know there are no macros inside the NKS file format. Do you maybe mean controller mapping?

• Like Like x 1
  11. D-One

1 - Wow, amazing!
    2 - Yes, my bad, thats what I meant.

12. Drachenkatze

Oh forgot to mention, right now I leave the controller mapping empty, causing Maschine to use the default. But it wold be cool if we could put our own mappings there as well.

13. D-One

Quite a few plugins have internal macros, thats why i confused the terminology, in those cases if there was a way to make sure those parameters are in the first controller mapping page it would be pretty cool. Usefull for synths like Massive and whatnot.

14. Drachenkatze

Ah :) Well my plan is to allow users to specify a template NKS file from where the mappings are copied, but I think it'll be a while until that's implemented. My current priority is to get 0.0.3 out, but at my current health state I'm not sure if I can get it out this year :(

15. Kaldosh

Kaldosh NI Product Owner

Sad to hear that:(...get well soon !!:thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  16. D-One

Hope you get better soon!

17. Drachenkatze

Another intermediate update: I finally got all functionality working I wanted for the next release. Now it's time for several bugfixes as well as many vendor integrations.

I already got all instruments from AudioThing working, now I need to see which ones I can implement. Planned release for 0.0.3 is probably in a few days.

upload_2018-12-25_18-44-1.png upload_2018-12-25_18-44-45.png

• Like Like x 1
  18. Drachenkatze

• Like Like x 3
  19. Kaldosh

Kaldosh NI Product Owner

Wow, working fine ...amazing

20. yuma

yuma NI Product Owner

Great, working better and better. A really big step. Thank you so much. (When converting with a mapping-master is possible, than perfect tool)