1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Presonus ATOM

Discussion in 'General Production Forum' started by m-chop, Sep 12, 2018.

1. m-chop

m-chop NI Product Owner

[​IMG]

ATOM connects to your computer via USB and is compatible with most music production and performance software but it is absolutely amazing when used with PreSonus Studio One. ATOM and Studio One integrate tightly so you can create quickly and easily. Enjoy blazingly fast, professional-style workflow with ATOM’s navigation, editing, and loop-point-creation features and transport controls.

ATOM comes with PreSonus’ powerful, yet easy-to-use Studio One® Artistrecording and production software for Mac® and Windows®. Studio One enables you to compose, record, and produce your masterpiece without getting distracted by the tools, thanks to a straightforward design, a powerful file browser with extensive use of drag-and-drop, in-depth editing, and an Arranger Track that lets you experiment without losing previous work. It’s inherently Internet-savvy; comes with a wealth of effects plug-ins, virtual instruments, and loops; and can be expanded with Add-ons.

ATOM’s direct hardware integration with Studio One allows you to:

• Browse virtual instruments and add them to your session
    • Change instrument presets
    • Create looping points and navigate the timeline
    • Change your song’s tempo
    • Edit and quantize MIDI events
    • Zoom in and out on the timeline or events
    • Control Studio One’s transport
    • and more

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
  2. CakeAlexS

CakeAlexS NI Product Owner

And (cough) aftertouch.

3. loachm

loachm NI Product Owner

4. CakeAlexS

5. hi-d-ho-man

hi-d-ho-man NI Product Owner

I’m a Cubase user but I’m really liking the direction Presonus is going

6. DataStrainMusic

DataStrainMusic NI Product Owner

For the price point this is incredible, although I think the design is a bit cheesey/cheap looking. I love my Novation Stuff which is very toy-like, but this takes the cake. But for that price who cares.

7. tempsperdu

tempsperdu NI Product Owner

Will this be usable with other DAW's / Maschine etc?

8. dsy73

dsy73 New Member

It seems compatible with other DAW because it is just a MIDI controller:
    "Compatible with most music production and performance software for Mac and Windows"
    https://www.presonus.com/products/ATOM/features

9. loachm

loachm NI Product Owner

...yup and that was the point. I guess, for many VST support is essential and as the lack thereof isn't actually obvious and people usually don't read the fine print, I thought, I provide that info. I see complaint all the time about being lured into NI's eco-system (which may, in fact, be the case), but to me this construct also seems to be a delusive teaser offer.

Atom creates, of course, interest here, because it seems to offer, what Maschine is lacking. But having to pay about 80 bucks extra to be able to use VST plug-ins in Studio One Artist is something, that has upset me quite often. A while ago, I was looking at the various entry-/mid-level versions of several DAWs, but this was a deal-breaker for me.

10. CakeAlexS

Well I would not buy any version other than Pro. The spec's easily reveal why:

https://www.presonus.com/products/Studio-One/compare-versions

I suggest you look at specs before you buy stuff in future. Sorry you got burnt but you do need to fully research what you buy (apologies if this sounds harsh).

Also wait for sales and upgrade/crossgrade offers.

• Like Like x 1
  11. ALDREAD

ALDREAD NI Product Owner

You have totally misunderstood, what loachm is saying is , studio one artist which comes with the atom doesn’t support vst unless you pay an extra £80 , this is not clearly advertised and is in the small print ,
    I don’t think the atom is available with pro , correct if I’m wrong , tho I’m sure there’s an upgrade path.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
  12. loachm

loachm NI Product Owner

No, it doesn't sound harsh, because it doesn't apply (I may have another word for it). I didn't get burnt and I did not write, that I bought S1 (I bought Cubase & Reaper). I always read the fine print, but a lot of people don't. So what I was trying to do, was providing a service to the public.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. CakeAlexS

Check your last post which quotes a link which clearly shows artist specs. How is that not clearly advertised? If you buy stuff you must ALWAYS looks at the specs end of story.

People are not buying this pad primarily to get Studio One Artist, and if they were.. again they should look at the specs.

If they don't look at the specs, then it's probably a lesson they need to learn. They could also return the product within a certain timeframe.

Regardless if they get artist with this product (effectively a freebie) they will get a discount on the Pro version.

14. ALDREAD

ALDREAD NI Product Owner

Cool , i didn’t check the link , but I still think you got the wrong end of the stick when reading loachm’s post .
    And you have spent the past few years complaining about maschine which you brought, did you not research that beforehand? :)
    Edit I checked the link it’s not really clear

15. ALDREAD

ALDREAD NI Product Owner

Hold on it says unlimited vst tracks in all versions so what’s the deal with the vst add on https://shop.presonus.com/products/software/studio-one-add-ons/VST-and-AU-and-Rewire-Support
    7D15E81E-DD5A-4B47-8A2F-9361B0B4CC40.png

16. René must be Unique

René must be Unique NI Product Owner

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. ALDREAD

ALDREAD NI Product Owner

18. CakeAlexS

? If you look at the specs Maschine is not an issue. My point was to consult and compare the specs between versions. Everything else is a problem though which became more and more apparent when I read the full manual. Bugs, performance, flexibilty.

If only it was as simple as something missing from the spec sheet with Maschine.

The fact that patterns endlessly looped was something I was not aware of being a real issue until I completed reading the full manual (which I did 3 weeks after buying Maschine). I guess I should have taken it back for refund there and then. I was also not aware of the bugs, performance and DAW intigration issues either at the time. Also perhaps I was naive in thinking significant improvements would happen over time.

And is there a better version of Maschine software that I can upgrade to fix these issues? Nope. So I opt for better sequencing on Studio One and Ableton, at the expense of the workflow I originally wanted. That is away from displays, keyboards and mice.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Hit-Man

Hit-Man NI Product Owner

I looks like you'll be able to link 2 Atom pad controllers together for more pads and more control. see gif below

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
  20. Hit-Man

Hit-Man NI Product Owner

Well... here's the only video showing the Atom Pad controller in use but this guy is spending most of the video trying to sell his sample pack. But he does talk about some of features of the Atom Pad controller.