1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Massive X, Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Press SYNC and the press it again - don't move back the BPM.

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by DJ Flex I, Nov 9, 2018.

1. DJ Flex I

DJ Flex I NI Product Owner

This feature will be very handy:
    Sometimes, I don't want to use sync, just need the tempo to be matched, and I don't want to lose time with the faders. SO.. why not when you press SYNC you move the tempo fader. After pressing sync to switch it off, just leave the BPM as it was, don't bring it back. Btw, this is how rekordbox works.

If this behavior is a problem, which I think it's not, make some other way to achieve this functionality. This will help anyone like me, who don't have time to prepare beatgrids and don't use sync, only the BPM values.

2. ErikMinekus

ErikMinekus NI Product Owner

1. Press Play on the deck you want to sync.
    2. Press Sync and then press it again.
    3. Stop the deck. The BPM stays the same.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Karlos Santos

Karlos Santos Rocket Man Moderator

This is exactly what I do.

4. DJ Flex I

Ok, but this behavior should be even if I don't play the deck. It's more logical if you think about it.
    1. I pressed SYNC the tempo changes to match the other deck.
    2. I press SYNC off and the tempo remains, UNTIL I touch the tempo fader.

This is more convenient and 99% of people would prefer this that way.

5. mylkoa

mylkoa NI Product Owner

+1 It feels more natural this way to me too.

6. mesingze

mesingze New Member

Individual. Wouldnt want to change the default behavior.
    Tho, even there is a supplied workaround, for a faster action I support it as an option under 'Sync Mode'.

(Note: I *feel* there is a lack of +1 inputs from community in Feature Suggestions. Maybe that is because frequent rants that NI is not listening)

7. DJ Flex I

I agree, it should be option in Sync Mode. And also, the same as you I feel noone from NI managers is listening to what we suggest here. Which is bad, the console really had some potential.